Cowboy guns?

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Cowboy guns?

Post by Gary Brantley »

Oh man, not funny Carlos. But, these type pistols do require a different "manual of arms". That said, what happened on that movie set was tragic, and unexcusable.. Some heads will surely roll for that lapse in good judgment and common sense. As well they should.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

LyleW wrote:You need a hobby...
Right. Tell my wife...she will say I already have quite enough, thank you! :lol:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Gary Brantley wrote:Oh man, not funny Carlos. But, these type pistols do require a different "manual of arms". That said, what happened on that movie set was tragic, and unexcusable.. Some heads will surely roll for that lapse in good judgment and common sense. As well they should.
Some folks need to go to jail. There is no excuse for such sloppy weapons handling. It wasn’t a split second high stress life or death under pressure moment. Personally I’d love to see Baldwin fanged as hard as they’ve been going after cops lately. But that’s not too likely to happen.
As for my bad jokes, well… I’ve just seen too many dead people and sometimes it slips out…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I completely agree. Especially about the cops part... but don't tell anyone in Canada.
I didn't even believe it the first time I was told about what happened. I watched a video about the filming of Fury and the weapons handling they did was for real weapons even though they used props! How on earth could something like that even happen on a movie set.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I'm glad we're all on the same page regarding the negligent shooting. And that's what it was too; negligence that resulted in someone's death. I don't believe in "accidental" shootings unless there was a mechanical failure of a weapon. Unintentional discharge of a gun is negligent, not "accidental".

Baldwin was told the gun was safe to use. I would've checked it myself to confirm that, but that's how I was trained and still handle a weapon. He may not have even known how to check it and that would be a problem on my film set. If he's gonna shoot the gun, he should be trained on how to safety check it. Someone was not doing their job and a person died because of that. Tragic and inexcusable. :sad:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'd not heard about any of this and had to go an look it up - that is an appalling tragedy!

I agree Gary, I would have checked it ensure it was safe after being handed it too, and if I didn't know how I would have asked to trained. What I don't understand is why they had live rounds anywhere near the set? Why would you need live rounds in a movie?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Utter incompetence on the part of everyone involved. From what I’ve seen in the “news”,
1. The gun was used by crew to do some recreational shooting earlier in the day. It was NOT a prop.
2. The armorer was/is an idiot.
3. The guns were simply laid out on a table, unsecured...and they went to lunch.
4. Many others handled the guns,
5. An Asst. Director handed the gun to Baldwin...not the armorer. No one cleared the weapon.
6. Baldwin did not clear the weapon.

Predictably, Baldwin is taking no responsibility. Blames the AD.

One simple gun safety class would have made a difference.
An armorer that knew what they were doing could have stopped this.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

As antigun that Baldwin is why is he in a movie, let alone a producer of a movie that a gun is in? One of his things he likes to bring up is the "glorification" of guns by the media but here he is glorifing them in his movies. This isn't even the first movie he has been in using a handgun and after all these years of using guns in movies he has never learned proper gun saftey?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Money, Floki. Greed and Money.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Typical Hollywood and others in power- Rules for thee but not for me.

All three people responsible for the weapon, because that’s what the “prop” was, a functioning firearm- not a non functioning replica or blank firing only type, are culpable in the death. Obviously no one checked that it was truly clear and safe before handing it off and upon taking possession. Somebody died as a result. At the very least where I come from, it’s involuntary manslaughter.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”