BlackSheep's choice...

Nightfighters, Eyes in the Skies and Spooks Group Build
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

BlackSheep's choice...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm doing the 1/48 scale Revell P-61 kit. The same mold as the old Monogram kit I did in my younger years. The kit:

The last couple nights, I've been banging away on this. After looking at the instruction guide and the sprues, I've decided to build it "wheels up". PE spinning props will be added and I'm currently looking for 3 seated figures for this one. The kit only had 3 figures standing, kneeling and squat positions.

The progress thus far, wings and twin booms The booms needed some seam work so Perfect Putty has been applied.

Boom #1

Boom #2

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep's choice...

Post by Medicman71 »

Are you going to rescribe it?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Following along - I have the same kit in the stash. Baffled by the black plastic :hmm:
Thanks,
John
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Better buy a new tube of putty you will need it on this build. Will be following!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote:Following along - I have the same kit in the stash. Baffled by the black plastic :hmm:
It’s always been molded in black… I have one in the stash as well. Just need to come up with some custom decals for mine before I start it, as there is a very particular P-61 that I want to build…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah....even the old Monogram kit were molded in black. I tried to replicate the diorama kit by Shepard back then. :giggles:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:
keavdog wrote:Following along - I have the same kit in the stash. Baffled by the black plastic :hmm:
It’s always been molded in black… I have one in the stash as well. Just need to come up with some custom decals for mine before I start it, as there is a very particular P-61 that I want to build…
I think that was so us dweebs would not hav.e to paint them....who could tell, right?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Leaving out lots of other parts since I'm not gonna see them when completed - landing gear struts and wheels, radar inside nose cone, ladder, etc...

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Spent a couple hours online looking for new aftermarket cowlings for this bird for the moment. Why? One side the cowl flaps are molded in (I’ll post pics later), the other has the full cowling with flaps. If I assembled as is OOB, it wouldn’t look right. :headbang:

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Leaving out lots of other parts since I'm not gonna see them when completed - landing gear struts and wheels, radar inside nose cone, ladder, etc...
Makes sense to leave them out, I would do the same

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Nightfighters, Eyes in the Skies and Spooks Group Build”