Rules, etc.....

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: Rules, etc.....

Post by Modelcrazy »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:
Modelcrazy wrote:OK wait. What's this? Secret Santa?
Y'know, you get given someones name, secretly, and you give them a gift. In this case, a kit. You don't know who has you, and the person you have doesn't know that you have them. They give someone else a gift and so forth.
Thanks my friend, but I know what it is, I've run a few myself,. In fact, those are my rules from FSM :whistle: . I was just caught off guard because is only September
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ha - I should have asked before cutting and pasting
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Modelcrazy wrote:
Thanks my friend, but I know what it is, I've run a few myself,. In fact, those are my rules from FSM :whistle: . I was just caught off guard because is only September
:headslap: Of course they were your instructions... sorry. And the reason I put it out for September was because I didn't know how much time we would need to organize. I know it is super early, but these sorts of things are best laid early.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Still on the fence on this. :hmm:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

One thing I need to say, is we need a minimum number of people. I say 8 people at least need to sign up before it is a go ahead. We also need someone who isn't part of the group to give out the names, otherwise at least someone will know who got them.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Last time I shipped something I sold the post office made me put a return address on the box so if we use USPS we will know who sent us what since we are mostly on first name basis around here.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:One thing I need to say, is we need a minimum number of people. I say 8 people at least need to sign up before it is a go ahead. We also need someone who isn't part of the group to give out the names, otherwise at least someone will know who got them.
Well yes and no,. If there's an odd guy somebody (it's usually me) buys and receives two. Not so bad.
I just just have too much going on myself. I need to complete FSM's SS from last year. :whistle:
It doesn't matter how far out you put it up just as long as the packages are shipped after Thanksgiving (in the US)
John, no worries brother :giggles: rules is rules.
Good luck, it's a super fun GB!
BTW, since I've done a few and I'm not going to participate this year, I can do your spreadsheet.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Floki wrote:
Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:One thing I need to say, is we need a minimum number of people. I say 8 people at least need to sign up before it is a go ahead. We also need someone who isn't part of the group to give out the names, otherwise at least someone will know who got them.
Last time I shipped something I sold the post office made me put a return address on the box so if we use USPS we will know who sent us what since we are mostly on first name basis around here.
Got an idea on this .... I’ll let you know.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Buy the kit from an online store. Works well for someone out of country. Lets just say Hannants knows me but has never shipped anything to my home.

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

If this will be a year from Xmas 21 to New years 22 I'm in.

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”