What have you NOT built- ever?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Re: What have you NOT built- ever?

Post by Scruffy »

I will do a Hasegawa F4U-5N Corsair......Because I have never built a Corsair, and I can see the kit from here and don't have to go digging through the stash for something! :grin: :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Perfect reason!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

All righty then.... aircrafts it is. I've got few in my stash I've never done.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Depending on what my LHS has, I will either do a seaplane or a civilian plane. Never done either. What would be great is if I found a civilian sea plane.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

LyleW wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I will do a Hasegawa F4U-5N Corsair......Because I have never built a Corsair, and I can see the kit from here and don't have to go digging through the stash for something! :grin: :grin:
Perfect reason!
Oh yeah!! :giggles:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I might find something at the upcoming Syracuse IPMS show - Syrcon 2021 on October 7th. First show since the pandemic shut the event down a year and a half ago. So excited!!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I'm heading up to the Modelpalooza show in Orlando Oct 13 I think. Meeting up with a couple of guys from FSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, it sounds like a busy mid October for a few of you, so… this will start October 31/November 1 0000 Hours, Zulu time… that’s GMT for those who don’t hablar… :giggles: ( Clint Eastwood homage )

Rules… Keep It Simple Stupid

1. Aircraft kits only: any type or era, in any scale, fixed and rotary wing, heavier or lighter than air. If it’s man made, crewed, and flies by design, it qualifies.

2. New start builds only: no shelf queens, side liners, or previously started kits

3. A type you’ve never built before: preferably a major type as was mentioned early on in this thread, but that may be hard for some of you more prolific aircraft builders, so in your cases, more rare types are fine. But be honest, if you’ve built a B-17 in one scale before, but not in another scale, that is not the intent of this GB.

4. HAVE FUN.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hmmmm......so many choices. :hmm:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Stikpusher wrote:Ok, it sounds like a busy mid October for a few of you, so… this will start October 31/November 1 0000 Hours, Zulu time… that’s GMT for those who don’t hablar… :giggles: ( Clint Eastwood homage )
UTC, Carlos, UTC! Universal Coordinated Time. I wonder what Bozo invented that terminology. Zulu works so much better when you are talking to a busy controller.

For those temporally challenged, here is a website that will help:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Return to “Modeling Discussion”