Pros and cons of the ZM 1/48 TA 152-H

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Pros and cons of the ZM 1/48 TA 152-H

Post by Stikpusher »

78?! Wow! Keep on building!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

78!? Mate, you really make me high hopes to be up and modelling then, too! Congrats!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Thomas_M wrote:78!? Mate, you really make me high hopes to be up and modelling then, too! Congrats!
I just thank God every morning that I'm still looking down at the green side of the grass and not looking up at the roots. The biggest problem I have modeling is s slight shake in my hands so attaching small parts using tweezers. I've managed to accumulate 25 pieces of armour, 1:12 scale F 1 racers and mostly 1:32 aircraft the past 5 years. Drives my wife nuts because I'm running out of space for them.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, my stash tends to be the subject of teasing from my wife... although it's many times more than 25 inbuilt...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Stikpusher wrote:Yeah, my stash tends to be the subject of teasing from my wife... although it's many times more than 25 inbuilt...

These are all built. I don't have a stash of unbuilt models. That would really irritate my bride.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Right, my completed builds are the subject of occasional comments from my other half as well... 35+ years worth... I disposed of all my older builds from before then, with a few exceptions. And some built after that point have not survived to this day due to various mishaps...

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Stikpusher wrote:Yeah, my stash tends to be the subject of teasing from my wife... although it's many times more than 25 inbuilt...
My stash is about 150+ kits. As long as I stay within the designated space I am in no trouble. But I do occasionally get teasing remarks about it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:
My stash is about 150+ kits. As long as I stay within the designated space I am in no trouble. But I do occasionally get teasing remarks about it.
I'm up over 200.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

tempestjohnny wrote:
BorgR3mc0 wrote: My stash is about 150+ kits. As long as I stay within the designated space I am in no trouble. But I do occasionally get teasing remarks about it.
I'm up over 200.
I think both our stashes a pretty average. I hear stories and have seen pics of 1000+ stashes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

wjkunert wrote:I've built the ZM 1/32 P 51K, Ho229 and the 1/48 F 4J. The fit on all 3 kits was excellent. I've read that the fit and finish on the earlier kits was not nearly so good as the newer kits. The Ho229 was the biggest challenge as there are lots of little small pieces to deal with and my 78 year old hands are not as steady as they once were nor are my eyes as good. I really do like all the detail ZM puts into their kits, even all the stuff that's hidden. The engine and cooling system details on the P 51 are a good example. I'm sure I'll build another one but I'm currently commencing work on a Tamiya 1/48 F 14A to go beside the F 4J.
Dear wjkunert, thank you for your review of all three ZM kits. Your information is incredibly helpful because I am pretty new to the world of plastic aircraft models, not aircraft models per se, but I certainly do not understand why there are so few mentions of ZM 1/48 TA 152H. I did find one on another forum actually that supported your review of the kit's qualities; I was surprised that I wasn't able to find more.

Your perspective is real. Very real. You are also an inspiration. I notice you are a newbie to this forum, but you are obviously not a newbie to the world of modeling. I am going to take look here on SPA Modeler for more posts from you. I hope I see some of your work because it would be a sincere pleasure to make the connection you make and see how you handled the fit and finish of these ZM kits.

Cheers,

Bruce / speedgraflex
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Modeling Discussion”