Never Say Die (except to the cat)

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Never Say Die (except to the cat)

Post by Stikpusher »

So a couple of summers ago, there was a saboteur loose among my modeling area...

Suspect one of one...

Knocked boxes of stuff down onto completed builds below...

Several were damaged beyond repair. But these two oldies but favorites were moderately damaged...

So today it was time with a pin vise, brass rod, tube, and a bit of super glue fixing them up....

Good thing that the cat moved out...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Never Say Die (except to the cat)

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ouch! Nice save on the Corsair and Thunderbolt. My cat pretty much stays out of the way after one day I cursed loudly enough to let her to know my bench is off limits. She pretty much lays on my chair at the bench if I’m not occupying it.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Tom. Well, the cat moved in with my daughter, then moved out with her last year when she bought her new place. I had kept the garage closed and off limits to the cat, but she would let the cat out there with her when she was doing laundry, so it developed the desire to get out there... I like cats, and have had several over the years, but they tend to not get along with my modeling displays. So no more cats for me.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Great job of restoration, Carlos. Sincerely. Your skills erased all traces of damage. Congratulations, my friend!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. Between earthquakes and previous cats, I have developed these battle damage repair techniques thru necessity... :headslap:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Incredible work. Sincerely.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Nice save, can't tell they was damaged.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:Incredible work. Sincerely.
You are far too generous in your praise my friend. But once upon a time I just would have snapped off the remaining landing gear, glued the doors shut, and turned them into ceiling hangers... :whistle:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, your "suspect one of one" looks just like my newest kitten named Liza. So far she and Sylvester have been great with my models. Liza tends to jump up on the spray booth to look out the window, so I either have to stack things on it to keep her off; or remove all models/assemblies to the side to give her a free access to thew window. Other than that, she and Sylvester stay off my workbench. Sylvester will come and jump in my lap when I'm building, He'll sniff my latest work; look at me as if to say he approves, then settles down on the top of the back of my chair to watch the rest.

As for the repairs; I'd echo what Bruce said: sincerely great work; one cannot tell they were ever damaged.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”