Zoukei Mura manuals

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Zoukei Mura manuals

Post by wjkunert »

I'm currently building Z M's Ki-45. I downloaded the manual from their website and find it handy to have on my computer. Z M has lots of small pictures to show detail and I've found that enlarging them to up to 300% allows me to see detail I would never see in the manual. There are several knobs that are painted red that don't even show up on the picture in the manual. These pictures can be greatly enlarged with out getting fuzzy. The Ki-45 is typical ZM - excellent fit and loads of detail.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Zoukei Mura manuals

Post by Thomas_M »

Great hint! I guess most are not aware of the manual files offered to download from their website. Having those ready on the computer or iPad is great. I also have the Ki-45 and the Hs 129, still being admired in the box. Curious what aftermarket will be offered for the Henschel. Aftermarket manuals also are available on their website!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I do that,too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Thomas_M wrote:Great hint! I guess most are not aware of the manual files offered to download from their website. Having those ready on the computer or iPad is great. I also have the Ki-45 and the Hs 129, still being admired in the box. Curious what aftermarket will be offered for the Henschel. Aftermarket manuals also are available on their website!
Thomas;
Overall I'm pleased with the Ki-45 but did have a couple of problems. I thought I was being very careful but I ran into a couple of problems. The wing to fuselage fairings were a bit too wide an had to be sanded to fit and the engine cowling pieces which enclose the engines were too short front to rear and required filler. I'm convinced it's something I did because this is my 4th ZM kit and I've never run into a problem like this. It is probably a problem fitting the fuselage skins causing the fairing problem and perhaps the engine mounts are not seated deeply enough. I guess I should have taped before gluing. I'm considering the Hs 129 next. Best of luck with your builds.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Certain manuals are just too nice to have next to the bench so I find myself downloading the manual too. But great tip for those that don’t know!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Modeling Discussion”