Zoukei Mura

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Zoukei Mura

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, the wing slats were introduced in 1972/73 timeframe on the production line. Kits were sent out so that they could be retrofitted to older aircraft. The gun muzzle was changed early in the production run, so aside from initial blocks, the early muzzle was rare to see at all. Another item added, but not to all was Target Identification Sensor, Electro Optical, or TISEO. Basicly that was a long range daylight camera mounted on the leading edge of the left wing in a tubular fairing. It allowed the crew to identify an aircraft visually at much longer range than possible with the Mk.I eyeball. Those came out in the late 70’s or so, but again like the wing slats, TISEOs were retrofitted to older airframes as well as newer ones. Between the internal gun, the wing slats, and TISEO, (not to mention air to air missiles improved after 8 years of air combat in Vietnam) the USAF finally had developed the Phantom for air combat that they had wanted for over a decade when the Phantom was first purchased by the Air Force.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's really interesting Carlos, its funny that it took them so long to get it right. Now the million dollar question is, does anyone make a kit of a late E version in 1/48?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

ZM is eventually coming out with a late E. Other than that there's always the Hasegawa ones.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Just ordered a ZM Marine F-4J Phantom II off Ebay yesterday.No supplier had it in stock and got it for a good price
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m surprised that Academy has not tackled a new tool E yet. They have done nearly all of the main short nose US versions now: B/N, C/D, and J. I don’t think that they have offered the S yet, which is basically a modified J.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I thought for sure that Academy would do the E and G. I was hoping anyway.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Mine came the other day,looks very impressive in box

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You have got a good one there Tony!

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”