BlackSheep214's Stash from his Past History - Monogram Kits

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep214's Stash from his Past History - Monogram K

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:I want to say that Model Master came out in the late 70s. Around the time that Testors started releasing kits under their label in the end opening boxes with the Yellow border. Brookhurst Hobbies was the first shop by me that I remember carrying the line.
Yeah, that’s sounds about right.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Was looking in oldmodelkits website last night. Found a few more I remember or done. Onemit I do remember do8ng is the Battlestar Gallactica spaceship. You know... the round one of the enemy. Didn’t do the Viper one though. But hey, I did do the Buck Rogers fighter ship too.
It’s funny when you find a kit you used to do but completely forgotten you’ve done that kit. Hell, I probably did more than 300 or so since those no longer were saved growing up.
I remember doing the Superman kit and quite a few of the Monsters series as well.

Heh... I’ll probably remember more after this post. :roll:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Jacque Cousteau ship with shark cage and shark. Oh, I’d kill to get that one again. :lashed:

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! I have that kit and built it too. It's sitting on display in my living room. I've always loved his show; I never missed "The Undersea World of Jacque Cousteau".
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

There is one on eBay but I refuse/hate getting in a bidding war. Especially those robo bids. Hate them so much.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

One of the main reasons I don't shop E-bay. If there's no "buy it now" button, I don't shop there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

But you can choose "buy it now" on the left side of page.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

True, but some shops don't have that option on the left side. I'm guessing they are private sellers who are trying to get the most they can for what they're selling. Those are the ones I avoid.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Modeling Discussion”