Show your guns !

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Show your guns !

Post by Floki »

jkim wrote:I really need better detail paintbrushes though. Looking at Winsor & Newton Series 7 in Size 1... is that a good start?
I have some of the series 7 a 2, 1 and 0 honestly I find the sable brushes at michaels work just as well at half the price. I have recently bought some brushes from Amazon brand is ATI in 000 they are the best small detail brush I have ever had.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

jkim wrote: Paasche Model H. Bought when I was in high school. Early 80's. Back then, airbrushed art on t-shirts was a thing in Hawaii and I wanted to do that. Single-action, siphon feed... dependable but I start running out of compliments after that. Meant to spray an object one color and does that but lacks finesse/flexibility needed for model building.

Paasche Model V. Transitioned to this one but honestly, I really didn't have the time or inclination to really use it much since I quit modeling soon after to chase girls and go surfing.

Badger SOTAR. Got this one a few years back during one of those annual Badger sales. Seems like a decent brush and I've verified that I can shoot a pretty fine line with it. But my main gun is the one that I use 99% of the time.

And that is the Iwata HP-C Plus. I bought this in 2014 right before I started building models again. I was custom painting fishing lures at the time and was tired of the cup cleaning required of both Paasches and thought a gravity cup was one less headache to deal with. Small gravity cup + double-action seems perfect for building models. I can now shoot in tiny amounts measured by the drop.. very efficient. Built like a tank and shoots like a dream. Really no need for anything else.
Thank you John for an interesting and good resume of your AB's !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That airbrush sale is where I got my first Badger airbrush. I had debated on the SOTAR airbrush as well but ended up getting the Patriot instead.
I bought as well my first (and so far only) Badger from the same sale, the Krome.
And I'm mega-happy I did it, it's my workhorse now

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Modeling Discussion”