Show your guns !

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Show your guns !

Post by KSaarni »

Floki wrote:Well when I first seen the thread title I first thought was well this is going to take awhile. Last count was 33 mostly inherited from my Grandpa and Father-in-Law. Then I see its Airbrushes lol
Anyway the only airbrush I have right now after selling off my other two I never used. A Iwata Eclipse HP-CS with a .5 needle installed.
And Something that is almost always at arms reach my Beretta Mod.92FS 9mm
:-D
Yes, I knew this would happen as well, two types of "guns" ! :-D

The Iwata HP-CS is really a excellent airbrush, cannot remember I would have ever read anything else than just superb feedback of it!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I had 6 or so, sent a few to my son-in-law as he has expressed an interest in our hobby. Still have a couple old ones - my original Binks Wren I bought when I was 14 or so but haven't used it in years. These are my two I use now - the Paasche is the work horse. I was hoping this was about firearms - would be a fun thread.
Carlos - the quick disconnect is king
And get yourself a CO2 tank!
Thanks,
John
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks John, great stuff! That CO2 tank, looks big, how long session can you use it after it is "pumped" full of air ?`

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I have two Iwata NEO's (pics later) and yes you can change the needle out for a .35. And you can get the parts at Hobby Lobby including the quick disconnects.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I build about 12 models a year and the tank lasts about two years. Just refilled it.
Thanks,
John
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

My airbrushes in chronological order.

My first one was a badger 200. Internal mix single action. Worst of both worlds, all the control of a single action with the fuss of cleaning up of an internal action....

Secondly, a Airfix (?) spray gun. I only use this for very experimental things and not for modelling.

Thirdly, a Badger 350, very simple external mix single action brush. I use this one for base coats.

Fourthly, my H&S Ultra with 0,2 mm needle. I bought this one a few years ago. It is easy to clean and used to be my top airbrush.

And lastly, my new H&S Infinity CR Plus with 0,15mm needle, I just got this two weeks ago and have used it twice. But is was a revelation. A super airbrush, very easy to use with limiter. I have sprayed 1mm fine lines with this one.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Very nice Borg. I want to get a airbrush with a limiter it would be very handy for long paint sessions to keep a constant spray pattern
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

keavdog wrote:I build about 12 models a year and the tank lasts about two years. Just refilled it.
:yikes:

Holy Malony, two years! Amazing!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:My airbrushes in chronological order.

My first one was a badger 200. Internal mix single action. Worst of both worlds, all the control of a single action with the fuss of cleaning up of an internal action....

Secondly, a Airfix (?) spray gun. I only use this for very experimental things and not for modelling.

Thirdly, a Badger 350, very simple external mix single action brush. I use this one for base coats.

Fourthly, my H&S Ultra with 0,2 mm needle. I bought this one a few years ago. It is easy to clean and used to be my top airbrush.

And lastly, my new H&S Infinity CR Plus with 0,15mm needle, I just got this two weeks ago and have used it twice. But is was a revelation. A super airbrush, very easy to use with limiter. I have sprayed 1mm fine lines with this one.
]
Great historical review Borg!

My first airbrush was bought from Lidl and was precisely an identical copy of your Badger 350. Even if it was simple, it surely did revolutionize my painting results..

- Kari
- Kari
---
On the bench:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

My "guns".

Two Iwata Neo's. One has a .35 needle that is used for general work (clear coats, etc), the other has a .50 needle that is used for primers.

Iwata HP-C+ and a Badger Renegade Chrome. Both used for the main paint work and details. Can't remember the needle sizes on them.

All have quick disconnects so I can use just one hose.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Modeling Discussion”