Show your guns !

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Show your guns !

Post by KSaarni »

Medicman71 wrote:Image

My "guns".

Two Iwata Neo's. One has a .35 needle that is used for general work (clear coats, etc), the other has a .50 needle that is used for primers.

Iwata HP-C+ and a Badger Renegade Chrome. Both used for the main paint work and details. Can't remember the needle sizes on them.

All have quick disconnects so I can use just one hose.
Nice set there Mike !

I like the looks of the black Badger a lot! Is it easy to clean, in other words the paint residue against black color ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The Badger and the Iwata HP-C+ are the easiest to clean. The neck of the paint cup is way wider than the Neo's.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, my turn... :giggles:

Top oldest, bottom pair newest...

Badger 350... used that until it pretty much wore out

Paasche EZ start, bought it when the 350 wore, thinking that since it looked the same, it would perform the same. It did not. Nowhere near as good.

A Thayer & Chandler single action made for Monogram Pro Modeler, that I replaced the first two with, purchased used off of eBay for $17. A very nice airbrush.

A Master double action that I received as a hand me down from a family friend along with a compressor that had belonged to her father before he passed. The type you can get at Harbor Freight with compressor for not a whole lot of money. My first double action.

Badger 155 & 105 double actions that I was surprise gifted used from an online modeling buddy on another site. The 105 is now becoming my primary “go to” airbrush.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well it had to be done didn't it...

Here are my 'Guns'... :giggles:

Top to Bottom, The Citadel Brushes I use for 99.9% of my detail work, The Humbrol Evoco number 4 is my main brush and the Humbrol Stippling brush I use for various things - chipping and for breaking up a hard demarcation line.

The stack of brushes at the bottom are a new purchase - I've found that whilst my Evoco is great for 1/72, it is a bit small for 1/48, especially if it's a single colour, so I thought I might try these larger cat-tongue brushes. There made of natural hair so should be soft enough not to leave any brush marks. I shall try them out soon.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Image
Nice set Carlos !

- Kari
---
On the bench:

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stuart wrote:Well it had to be done didn't it...

Here are my 'Guns'... :giggles:

Top to Bottom, The Citadel Brushes I use for 99.9% of my detail work, The Humbrol Evoco number 4 is my main brush and the Humbrol Stippling brush I use for various things - chipping and for breaking up a hard demarcation line.

The stack of brushes at the bottom are a new purchase - I've found that whilst my Evoco is great for 1/72, it is a bit small for 1/48, especially if it's a single colour, so I thought I might try these larger cat-tongue brushes. There made of natural hair so should be soft enough not to leave any brush marks. I shall try them out soon.

Cheers!
:grin: I waited for this to happen Stuart ! :grin:

But seriously, I really need to take a look at those Citadel brushes! I have cheap 0 / 00 size brushes, that after only 2-3 uses start to become something totally different than brushes...

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:grin:

Citadel make some good brushes (avoid the starter ones) that hold their points well!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Left to Right...

Paasche Model H. Bought when I was in high school. Early 80's. Back then, airbrushed art on t-shirts was a thing in Hawaii and I wanted to do that. Single-action, siphon feed... dependable but I start running out of compliments after that. Meant to spray an object one color and does that but lacks finesse/flexibility needed for model building.

Paasche Model V. Transitioned to this one but honestly, I really didn't have the time or inclination to really use it much since I quit modeling soon after to chase girls and go surfing.

Badger SOTAR. Got this one a few years back during one of those annual Badger sales. Seems like a decent brush and I've verified that I can shoot a pretty fine line with it. But my main gun is the one that I use 99% of the time.

And that is the Iwata HP-C Plus. I bought this in 2014 right before I started building models again. I was custom painting fishing lures at the time and was tired of the cup cleaning required of both Paasches and thought a gravity cup was one less headache to deal with. Small gravity cup + double-action seems perfect for building models. I can now shoot in tiny amounts measured by the drop.. very efficient. Built like a tank and shoots like a dream. Really no need for anything else.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I really need better detail paintbrushes though. Looking at Winsor & Newton Series 7 in Size 1... is that a good start?
John aka JKim
-----------<><
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That airbrush sale is where I got my first Badger airbrush. I had debated on the SOTAR airbrush as well but ended up getting the Patriot instead.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Modeling Discussion”