Study redo

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Study redo

Post by BlackSheep214 »

"Mess"? Define mess.... :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

BlackSheep214 wrote:"Mess"? Define mess.... :giggles:
"One man's trash, another man's treasure!" Sounds about right to me. :whistle:
:grin:
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

:yikes:

Holy malony, looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for sharing so many pics! And so many details "hiding" in the pics, really interesting!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

KSaarni wrote::yikes:

Holy malony, looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for sharing so many pics! And so many details "hiding" in the pics, really interesting!

- Kari
Thanks for taking a look Kari, and I appreciate the comments. Yeah, there are a lot of things to see in those pics; would you believe that I know where 95% of it is located? My extreme OCD must create an "inventory" map in my old brain! :lol:
Thanks again!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Tex, that is a great room man! I can intimately relate to not having enough room. Mine is a standard bedroom size; but when I've filled it with 1431 finished models and about 350+ unstarted models, plus a lot of various other items, it fills up fast. Mine is just as bad, if not worse than that. I do now have some shelf space now that I packed up my small scale vehicles,, but there still isn't a lot of room. Right now I'm trying to finish some shelf queens and in between those, I'm also repairing models that have sat broken for years and years....

Good luck on your re-organization, looks like you've gotten some great progress already.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Duke Maddog wrote:Tex, that is a great room man! I can intimately relate to not having enough room. Mine is a standard bedroom size; but when I've filled it with 1431 finished models and about 350+ unstarted models, plus a lot of various other items, it fills up fast. Mine is just as bad, if not worse than that. I do now have some shelf space now that I packed up my small scale vehicles,, but there still isn't a lot of room. Right now I'm trying to finish some shelf queens and in between those, I'm also repairing models that have sat broken for years and years....

Good luck on your re-organization, looks like you've gotten some great progress already.
Thanks Duke! The room seemed plenty big, once upon a time. But, like Topsy, it kinda growed. :lol:

Man, 1431 finished models?!?! Oh my, that is just incredible brother! Is there any way to get a pic of that collection? It must be most impressive. I'd like to think I might finish most of my stash, but who am I kiddin'? To do that, I would need to be in that study right now! :whistle:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Texgunner wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:Tex, that is a great room man! I can intimately relate to not having enough room. Mine is a standard bedroom size; but when I've filled it with 1431 finished models and about 350+ unstarted models, plus a lot of various other items, it fills up fast. Mine is just as bad, if not worse than that. I do now have some shelf space now that I packed up my small scale vehicles,, but there still isn't a lot of room. Right now I'm trying to finish some shelf queens and in between those, I'm also repairing models that have sat broken for years and years....

Thanks Duke! The room seemed plenty big, once upon a time. But, like Topsy, it kinda growed. :lol:

Man, 1431 finished models?!?! Oh my, that is just incredible brother! Is there any way to get a pic of that collection? It must be most impressive. I'd like to think I might finish most of my stash, but who am I kiddin'? To do that, I would need to be in that study right now! :whistle:

Thanks and you're welcome. As for showing my entire collection; that's a pretty tall order. There's only one way to do that and that is to post a series of pics. Here are seven pics showing my entire collection from a few years ago. I had at least 1400 if not slightly above that count at the time:

East wall, showing the entire wall:

Half of West Wall just inside the door:

The other half of the West Wall, just above my Hobby Desk:

On the ceiling I have at least fifty or sixty large aircraft hanging around.

Northwest corner above the door:

Northeast corner above the closet:

Southeast Corner:

and finally, Southwest corner, directly above my Hobby Desk:

That's the closest thing I have to a "complete" accounting of all my models. You can see half of them all together in one shot in my "Motor Pool" Thread. If you want me to list everything on those pics above, let me know.

My apologies for hijacking your thread. These pics are also in my Workbench Thread in this same Forum...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

No, no apologies needed I assure you! Thanks for posting those pics. Wow! That is really something to see Duke. Many gallons of glue and paint represented in those pics! And the man/hours of labor?!?! Color me very impressed sir!

It would take me hours and hours (days?) just to look at all of those models, and I would want to do just that too.
About how many years of model building does that represent Duke?

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Time for Duke to build a Model Barn :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Time for Duke to build a Model Barn :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
Barn? :hmm: He needs a warehouse/hangar! :stirpot:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”