My workbench and no stash

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Re: My workbench and no stash

Post by wjkunert »

Duke Maddog wrote:Yeah, it has been a bad time this past week. I'll tell you more at AMPS if you can make it, otherwise I can PM you.

We got a new A/C up and running; this time it's a three-ton unit, twice the size my unit normally requires, so I'm able to really cool this place down! Right now I'm attending Hobby Day this weekend so I'm finally getting some things done for once. Later this week, I hope to get some airbrushing done and even finish a few models!

I'm not trying to be a know it all but if your requirements based on cubic volume are for a 1.5 ton unit and you double it to a 3 ton unit you may create problems. An oversized air conditioner will not run long enough to dehumidify the air in your unit. The air will be cold but humid and can create a mold problem. This is a problem in a humid area like Kentucky perhaps less so in a drier climate.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

We're a fairly dry climate here in So Cal most of the year... there's only brief periods of high humidity like you will find along the east coast or in the south.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

wjkunert wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:Yeah, it has been a bad time this past week. I'll tell you more at AMPS if you can make it, otherwise I can PM you.

We got a new A/C up and running; this time it's a three-ton unit, twice the size my unit normally requires, so I'm able to really cool this place down! Right now I'm attending Hobby Day this weekend so I'm finally getting some things done for once. Later this week, I hope to get some airbrushing done and even finish a few models!

I'm not trying to be a know it all but if your requirements based on cubic volume are for a 1.5 ton unit and you double it to a 3 ton unit you may create problems. An oversized air conditioner will not run long enough to dehumidify the air in your unit. The air will be cold but humid and can create a mold problem. This is a problem in a humid area like Kentucky perhaps less so in a drier climate.
I hear you on that. I did push mine from a 3 ton /10 seer unit to a 4 ton 16 seer unit and we live in a terribly humid environment here in Corpus. All's I've gotta say is that it does in fact run long enough to steer clear of the mold issues but more importantly we went from an in house temperature of 80-82 degrees with an outside air temp at 95+ degrees down to 72 degrees this summer! Best 5G I've EVER spent.
Hope you're enjoying that A/C of yours Mark. :wink:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mustang1989 wrote:[in fact run long enough to steer clear of the mold issues but more importantly we went from an in house temperature of 80-82 degrees with an outside air temp at 95+ degrees down to 72 degrees this summer! Best 5G I've EVER spent.
Except for the 5G spent on models, of course.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LyleW wrote:
mustang1989 wrote:[in fact run long enough to steer clear of the mold issues but more importantly we went from an in house temperature of 80-82 degrees with an outside air temp at 95+ degrees down to 72 degrees this summer! Best 5G I've EVER spent.
Except for the 5G spent on models, of course.
Right you are Lyle!!! lolol

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”