My workbench and no stash

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
wjkunert
Advanced Member

My workbench and no stash

Post by wjkunert »

My workbench is our kitchen table. Easier to find small dropped pieces than on carpet if I worked in our den. I never have more than one kit ahead so I don't really have a stash. I also build Formula 1 cars and frequent a F1 site. I've never seen people accumulate stash like these guys. Here is an example and I've seen stashes twice as big on that site. I can't imagine that's good for decals after a few years. Some of the Studio 27 and MFH cars are in the 3 to 5 hundred dollar range.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Re: My workbench and no stash

Post by Stikpusher »

woh... those make the Tamiya F-1 cars look economy class... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I guess that´s a great lot of hard cash having been spent for the kits shown! Good to see some more wealthy modellers take their share to support the smaller manufacturers!
On the decals: being a slow builder with an not to small stash myself, I seal all decals in clear ziplock bags for long-time storage. Some years ago, I heat-sealed the decals, but ran out of the plastic foil while the devices to seal the foil had still been widely sold. Only, I could no longer get the plastic foil...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I, too, store spare / extra decals in zip lock baggies.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

No stash? But how can that be? Do you build that quick or buy that slow? :boxing:

In my case, I build that slow. Thus I have a 150+ kit stash. :giggles:
ImageImageImageImageImage
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

I build fairly quickly as I'm retired. I just ordered a Meng 1/48 F 35A as my next project but I ordered it from Asia sent by boat so I expect to wait at least 2 + months for it to get here. That will slow me down a bit and keep my bride happy. I got the F 35 for $41 shipped which is a pretty good price.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am a fellow "kitchen table builder" as well. Although when small parts bounce off kitchen tile, I find they "launch" themselves quite far. I have taken to using an old beach towel as a soft landing surface. My work bench is still a work-in-progress. Look forward to your next build very much. All the best.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

I ordered the F 35 from Sincere Hobby in Hong Kong(I love the names of some of these Chinese hobby shops) and they upgraded to air shipping. I also ordered the Meng 1/72 F 106A from them and they also upgraded to air shipping for free. These guys have good prices and they give a 10% discount for first time buyers and a 12% discount for return customers.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:No stash? But how can that be? Do you build that quick or buy that slow? :boxing:

In my case, I build that slow. Thus I have a 150+ kit stash. :giggles:
:hmm:
I know I build a LOT, compared to most.
When I started building again, in 09...my stash was maybe 50 kits. In that time, I have built over 200....and the stash is now tickling 300....even after having sold/given away somewhere around 100.
I guess I do build slow! :sleep1:

:yikes: ...that's a lot of kits to pass through/into these hands!
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Why are F1 kits so expensive? :scream:

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”