My "Bench" & Stash

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Slipmahoney

My "Bench" & Stash

Post by Slipmahoney »

Just did a quick shot of my "bench" with a French Crusader on it. I wanted to let y'all know I really can build aircraft and not just ships. :wink:
The denim is over a piece of cardboard that protects the keyboard of my laptop. The denim also keeps parts from sliding around when I drop them.

I got lucky with the Crusader because some of the decals in the Hasegawa kit happened to match this picture I found online. It's a bolter that happened on the Eisenhower while I was stationed on her. If I can put something personal into a build, it makes it just that much better.

This is an older photo of my stash. it's not half so neat now as it was then because I've added to it over the past five or six months. You can barely see the diecast cars now. :grin:
“To be a Virginian either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Above.”

Oh yeah, ROLL TIDE!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: My "Bench" & Stash

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice Crusader! But... not enough kits in your stash. :giggles:
I love seeing you got a lot of those Weird-Oh kits. I find a few at a local Ollie’s store from time to time.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Nice start of a stash... :quotes:
I have some Hawk kits, too. I here and there buy those antique kits just because of their age, which gets me a trip down memory lane.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I see you like automotive stuff too. Bonus!!!!
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Nice bench and stash, neither of mine are nearly as organized as yours :headslap:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This does look very neat Rick! Nice start on the stash. I also love that Crusader, looking good!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

The French Crusader looks nice!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now there’s a man I can like- Hawk kits and a Crusader! Very good taste!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Slipmahoney

Post by Slipmahoney »

I appreciate the kind words. Believe it or not, the Hawk kits came from Amazon. A couple Christmases ago, my daughter got the Weird-Ohs and Silly Surfers for me. And, Crusaders have been at the top of my favorites ever since I heard the first on take off from NAS Norfolk back in '66. When that plane kicked in the afterburner out on the runway, I thought one of the torpedoes we were working on exploded. I must have jumped three feet straight up that day.

Here's another look at the stash in the hallway. You'll notice it's not such a neat place anymore, what with the addition of more ships, some 72nd scale Russian armor and even a firetruck to go with the '48 Ford.

You also need to know that in my bedroom there are two Japanese battleships, a 350th scale Bismarck, along with various and sundry other kits that have been started, but still need to be finished someday, including the dragon, Vermithrax Perjorative from Dragonslayer.

I know this isn't the biggest stash around, but it will probably be all I need to last the rest of my modeling life. And no, that's not being fatalistic, just the way it is now that I'm 70 years old, with more years behind me than I'll ever again see in front of me. ;-)
“To be a Virginian either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Above.”

Oh yeah, ROLL TIDE!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know what you mean... I’m in my 50’s now and have enough models in my stash to last me the rest of my expected life span... especially at my current build rate...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”