Picked up some more Allied air power today...

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Stikpusher

Re: Picked up some more Allied air power today...

Post by Stikpusher »

Trumpeter/Hobbyboss seem to have A & B design teams. One team turns out so fantastic stuff, the other stuff that is ok. I have plenty of their kits in my stash, have built a few, but they still have not caught up to Tamiya in either area of mine, builds or stash. One thing I do love about them is that they keep coming out with stuff that nobody else does, or has not covered in many years.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Fermis, I'm the same: I think I've only built one Tamiya model in my entire collection. I have built at least 45-50 Trumpeter/Hobby Boss models by comparison. I agree with Carlos; they do tackle subjects nobody else has done. They are the only ones to have offered a 1/72 scale Ariete C-1 tank and an SA-6 Gainful among other things; not to mention the Dora railgun......... :lashed: :bag:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

I agree as well....A & B teams...maybe even a C team, for those "Easy Kits".
Even the A team does seam to fall a bit short, here and there. One area will be fantastic...and that area always seams to be an area that really isn't seen...while other, highly visible areas, will be left wanting more. I've done a couple of their 1/72 kits that have had nice, crisp detail(even for 1/72), then did some 1/32 that had oversized and clunky detail. Doesn't make sense to me...if it can be nice and crisp in 72nd...32nd should be that much better.
It's easy to nit-pick....truth be told, they do a better job than I could at producing kits.

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”