Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Great score Lyle! I do hope all those supplies help out. I'll be interested in seeing how well you solder.

And that little Piper Cub ain't small! Try building it in 1/72 scale like I did... now THAT is small!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Great score Lyle! I do hope all those supplies help out. I'll be interested in seeing how well you solder.

And that little Piper Cub ain't small! Try building it in 1/72 scale like I did... now THAT is small!
The connectors have shipped from the UK. Don't know when they will arrive.

I cannot even begin to imagine building this or any Cub in 1/72. What is it, about 4 inches?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

On Hobby Day Saturday, a friend came in and visited after the local AMPS meeting that I couldn't attend. They had just had their semi-annual kit auction fund raiser. There was only one 1/72 scale kit in the mix and he got it. He handed it to me saying "You won the auction even though you weren't there"! LOL!

Here is what I "won" without being there:

I will be starting this and my T-90 with cast turret very soon! Stay tuned!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LyleW wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:Great score Lyle! I do hope all those supplies help out. I'll be interested in seeing how well you solder.

The connectors have shipped from the UK. Don't know when they will arrive.

I cannot even begin to imagine building this or any Cub in 1/72. What is it, about 4 inches?

Yeah, actually just under it. It was a most interesting little project!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay. I'm weak. I admit it. Weak, weak, weak. Many months ago, I was looking for the Czech model UC-78. I think BlackSheep found me one up that way for around 50 bucks. I bought it. Squadron then reintroduced a less featured kit as an Encore model, got me one of those, just because. I was "just looking around" on ebay today and found a Czech Model UC-78, NIB and sealed for just under 40 with free shipping. Yes. Yes I did....I am weak.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Okay, Lyle's definitely back on track. :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mostrich wrote:Okay, Lyle's definitely back on track. :grin:
...and I just bought the Montex masks. Did I mention I bought the Kitty Hawk 1/32 T-6? Had to have something to use them on... I need to close my ebay account. Much more coming. I think a helicopter, some AK chipping "stuff" and a 1/48 block 45 deg letter decal sheet.

I can quit anytime.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

But you'll never quit..... That's why you're weak... :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: Nice scores Lyle!!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

did I mention I'm weak? Went to a different Hobby Lobby today - had to run an errand which happened to be right across the street. Funny now that worked out. Guess what they had on their marked-way-down shelf? Yep. Got two of them. Regular price 39.95, these were 14.95.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Damn Lyle! Man up Bro! Nice scores, but you do realize that everything you buy you actually have to BUILD right? Git 'r Done man, or all of those will disappear again...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”