Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The other day on eBay I was looking at 1/48 F6F-5s. I have not had one in my collection for about 8 years now. Well I can across this kit for half off with free shipping... basically $20. The only review I could find was a video review ( I hate video reviews, preferring to read at my own speed). Anyways, it turns out this is Eduard sprues with resin wheels and seats w/molded on harness (there will now be a spare in my bin) and four decal options. Not bad for $20...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations, Carlos! I cannot wait for the build to begin! From your score to mine... kind of the same deal... an unexpected Easter sale online netted this RoG Ju88. I broke my no new kits rule after about a month. The need runneth deep and it was better to take a 12 dollar hit then hit the convenience store for junk food.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Carlos and Bruce.....you guys are weak. Or good shoppers. Let’s go with option two.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

It was a close call but I’m trying to steer clear of junk food far more aggressively then a teensy tiny kit that I’m gonna build in my shambling way. Far healthier. I thank you for the second option and I’m proud to share being thrifty with Carlos.... cheers! Question for Carlos—does that mean it’s Eduard’s Weekend Edition or is there Photo etch?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice scores Carlos & Bruce! I haven’t bought any new kits in awhile. Although I still need to order paints if I want to finish my builds. :bored:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Nice scores guys, I'm with you Bruce my new years resolution was no new kits this year only AM and supplies that lasted until mid February lol
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Nice scores Carlos & Bruce! I haven’t bought any new kits in awhile. Although I still need to order paints if I want to finish my builds. :bored:
Floki wrote:Nice scores guys, I'm with you Bruce my new years resolution was no new kits this year only AM and supplies that lasted until mid February lol
Yes... you are both absolutely right in the money - and I think a kit purchase is better for the psyche then in my case some Taco Bell (or “Taco Smell” as my buddy calls it). Looking forward to all of your latest and greatest hits, fellas.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Carlos and Bruce.....you guys are weak. Or good shoppers. Let’s go with option two.
... and lead us not into temptation.... for I know the way already.... :whistle:
speedgraflex wrote:It was a close call but I’m trying to steer clear of junk food far more aggressively then a teensy tiny kit that I’m gonna build in my shambling way. Far healthier. I thank you for the second option and I’m proud to share being thrifty with Carlos.... cheers! Question for Carlos—does that mean it’s Eduard’s Weekend Edition or is there Photo etch?
Yes Bruce, plastic is better for you than junk food... it soothes the soul in a deeper and healthier way.... the kit is somewhere between weekend edition and profi pack... no PE, but there is resin. And several decal options.
BlackSheep214 wrote:Nice scores Carlos & Bruce! I haven’t bought any new kits in awhile. Although I still need to order paints if I want to finish my builds. :bored:
Tom, I was doing good about no new purchases until this year.... The I keep finding these good bargains and having some money on hand at the time. It must be a sign. :giggles:
Floki wrote:Nice scores guys, I'm with you Bruce my new years resolution was no new kits this year only AM and supplies that lasted until mid February lol
That’s one reason that I do not make New Years resolutions.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

speedgraflex wrote:Congratulations, Carlos! I cannot wait for the build to begin! From your score to mine... kind of the same deal... an unexpected Easter sale online netted this RoG Ju88. I broke my no new kits rule after about a month. The need runneth deep and it was better to take a 12 dollar hit then hit the convenience store for junk food.

This one remember me that I already take final pictures of my finished one about a month ago and not yet uploaded on the web :bag:

Good scores both subject :bye:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Great scores you guys. These are gonna look great on the workbench. So let's get to work!

I do make New Year's resolutions and have sometimes even kept them. Making them with the acceptance that you are going to fail just insures that happens. In my case, I did succeed in losing the pounds I said I'd lose at the beginning of the year (I resolved to drop below 250 lbs in January; as of yesterday I'm at 247 and dropping). So Bruce, I'm right there with you on the junk food circuit. (My brother calls Taco Bell "Toxic Smell" LOL!) I also made a Modeling New Year's Resolution: to get at least five Shelf Queens completed and on the display shelf. I've completed three so far.

While I haven't acquired anything since the AMPS auction, I did start a few more models. Hopefully I'll get pics up soon.

Speaking of pics, Get them posted Silvio! We want to see your latest Junkers, especially since Bruce needs to see how his will look when done.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”