Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice way to tease Carlos. :giggles: Nice score!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, that weapons set is a tease... :whistle: :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Medicman71 wrote:A couple of things from Amazon. I now have all of the Hasegawa weapons sets.

Medic, this roll of EZ-Line should be enough for a lifetime! How´s this airbrush cleaner?
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey Thomas. I haven't tried the airbrush cleaner yet. I will soon though.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today I took a trip across town to Tempe to check out a different hobby shop, Hobby Depot. I primarily went there to see what paint lines that he carried, and also to see what else was in stock. First off, I saw a nice old school, good sized, multi subject hobby store. In addition to scale models, he also had a good stock of model railroad, rockets, slot cars, tools, multi use supplies such as wood, styrene, metal rod and tubing, etc. And paints. A nice big two sided aisle of paints. Vallejo, Testors, Tamiya, Gunze, Tru Color, Mission Models, and my personal favorite, Humbrol enamels!!!! As well as a nice wall of PE and resin supplies. In short, a nice all aspect brick & mortar proper hobby shop!
Well after driving almost 30 miles to check the place out, I sure wasn’t gonna leave empty handed so...
Some Humbrol paints that I was running low on...

a couple of Vallejo paints that I can surely use...

And a new set of sable brushes and a new smaller pin vise...

So if you’re in the Phoenix area, I would highly recommend a visit here. Unlike Andy’s, the owner/operator here is very engaging with customers.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

What that with Andy in regards to customers?
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice score, and good to find a nice hobby shop. My wife and I are considering Arizona. Shes from VA and 7 years here in CA with the fire issues are making her buggy. I have my own reasons for wanting to leave CA.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Two more new additions this week. The first is from a small UK company called Scorpion Miniature. They mainly detail in al things Scorpion and Scimitar related, though they have start branching out. As well as the AFV club kits, they also sell there own AM sets and AM sets from Hong Kong Creation Workshop as well as others. Having already got some of their Scimitar sets to build a vehicle from the Falklands war, this time i bought the Scorpion direct from them and some AM sets and decals to do a vehicle based in Hong Kong in the 70's.

And the second one i picked up yesterday in the LHS. It re-opened on the 15th and this is the first time i have been in since early March. I needed some airbrush cleaner and decided to give my support my picking up a kit as well.

And thats the story i am sticking with.

3 British subject in less than a month. Somthing has come over me.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Feeling your roots Bish? :hmm: Those are some fine acquisitions! The Hunter is a beautiful aircraft... and I’ve been wanting that Scorpion kit myself since it first came out.
Thomas_M wrote:What that with Andy in regards to customers?
Thomas, the few times that I’ve been there the guy barely talks to you. He spent more time on the phone wheeling and dealing regarding his online stuff. I get the impression that he is more about that than he is about dealing with customers.
keavdog wrote:Nice score, and good to find a nice hobby shop. My wife and I are considering Arizona. Shes from VA and 7 years here in CA with the fire issues are making her buggy. I have my own reasons for wanting to leave CA.
AZ is a very nice place to live. If ten years ago, you had told me that I’d leave CA for AZ, I would have said that you’re crazy. Now after four months living here I have zero desire to go back. I miss a few people and places there, but other than that, good bye. But we have our fire issues here too. Pretty much anywhere out west outside of the coastal rainforest area has similar fire challenges.

FLSM

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”