Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:
Medicman71 wrote:Nice score Stik! What's this part seller on eBay you speak of?
Thanks Mike. The seller is beaddreamsllc out of Marietta GA. They sell individual sprues and I’ve picked up quite a few over the past couple of years.
I did a search for him in Ebay and came up zip. I also saw a lot of sprue sets but they are all 1/35th scale, Nothing M-1070 came up except the usual kits that are available and I'm not ready to spend that kind of money yet.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Not a new model in the stash (I am actually selling some of those) but some new tools. I got this nice assortment of tweezers. That should help with small PE pieces.

ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

First several bottles of Mission models paint arrived. Primarily after the Yellow Zinc Chromate and the Green Zinc Chromate, but added a couple of others. More along with thinner and the poly additive. I also have a quick disconnect coupling coming.

Airbrush arrived along with two needles, for a total of three included...0.03, 0.05 and 0.07 sizes. they advertised a free gift. it was a little three-pack of something they call Dot Dappers, For Doing Teeny Tiny Stuff....

As for the airbrush, I'll likely keep the new one with the .05mm setup and try the .03mm in the current one. I think ....

I did also get some more Tamiya Red X-7, Tamiya White X-2 and a few other colors along with an assortment of red-sable brushes, a gallon of Windex and a gallon of lacquer thinner. Man gets thirsty.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:Not a new model in the stash (I am actually selling some of those) but some new tools. I got this nice assortment of tweezers. That should help with small PE pieces.

That is a dandy-looking set! let us know how they do.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:Not a new model in the stash (I am actually selling some of those) but some new tools. I got this nice assortment of tweezers. That should help with small PE pieces.

Those are really nice! I’ve been wanting to find a set similar to those for quite some time. The ones I got were from Harbor Freight but they’re not fine tip pointed ones. Mine were pretty basic regular tip types. I do love the wooden case it comes in. :wub:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hobby Lobby and another 40% off model kits again for the 3rd time. Picked this up this afternoon after work....

In the meantime, I've been fighting with Internet Hobbies about the status of my order. They've been avoiding my emails, lying to me that my order is in shipping and oh they're quick to take my money too. Bull$***!!! I placed the order in early to mid August 2020. I even filed a complaint against them through the BBB for consumer fraud. I know, I should have looked into their ratings first. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Now, I'm out $44 and change because of them. :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Sorry to hear your luck with Internet Hobbies Tom. Man....some of these vendors. :ballbat:

You're really gonna like that 56 F-100 kit. That thing is a complete DREAM to build and it turns out fantastic.

The only real issue you'll have is the big ASS boo-boo/ mold "step" on the front fenders. Such a good kit....I don't know how they flubbed that part up.

But it's easy taken care of with a little elbow grease:

the instructions also have you put the cab tub onto the frame and then the body over that. Don't.....do dat. put the tub up into the cab first and then install the cab assy onto the chassis. It goes together alot easier.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And here's another thing that really irritates me. The tailgate has raised lettering of "FOOSE" molded on it. :scream: :scream: :scream: Oh yeah... the tub is one complete piece with the tailgate. Gonna have to sand it down somehow. Maybe John can let me borrow his new sander he got on ebay,,,, :whistle: :giggles:

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

No worries bud. That "FOOSE" lettering sands right on down. I grabbed a spare decal sheet for the F O R D lettering for the tailgate.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice truck!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”