Tom Harris, the story of my grandfather

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Tom Harris, the story of my grandfather

Post by Fermis »

:giggles:
I do love me some pork!
They're not a problem here....YET. They're coming though. More and more sightings being reported recently. No season or limit here either, as long as you have some form of hunting license. I believe I saw a small group (3-4) several years ago...but a glimpse at 70mph down the highway, is not enough to say I'm 100% certain they were pigs.

:hmm: Mayhaps next winter, depending on how this years work season goes!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Not much is tastier than fresh spit roasted pork. I do remember having some at Camp Roberts once upon a time... a couple Javalinas washed down with some Budweiser on a hot summer evening to end up a great training op... good times.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

You ain't kidding there Carlos! I remember my days at Fort Snelling doing re-enactment of 1827 military life for tourists. Our Fur Trader Days saw is dig a pit and roast a huge pig on it to serve to everyone. Tastiest pig I ever had! It was also the first time I had corn roasted over an open fire (or rather on top of the coals!) Very tasty too!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

I read the whole story Tex. Thanks for sharing. I see your still having hog issues.... :ballbat:
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

lawdog114 wrote:I read the whole story Tex. Thanks for sharing. I see your still having hog issues.... :ballbat:
Thanks Joe and you're welcome! He had an interesting, colorful life. Feral pigs. Yeah, I was out there yesterday repairing some damage to my pasture. It looks like someone plowed it up; I've been working to get it smooth and level again. Oooooh those nasty pigs... :ggun:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow, that is a great story and such wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Didn't realize I had bee "off line" for so long.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks Lyle! I'm glad that you enjoyed them. :grin:

Return to “Free Discussion”