Somebody has a Birthday today!!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Somebody has a Birthday today!!

Post by LyleW »

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Happy belated Birthday Fermis! I wish I could go to Ireland too. Have fun over there but don't kiss the Blarney Stone!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Happy belated Birthday Fermis! I wish I could go to Ireland too. Have fun over there but don't kiss the Blarney Stone!
Hah, my friend did just that (kiss the Blarney Stone) when he went there over this past New Years.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Must've been fun hanging upside down kissing that rock huh, Stik? :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

He said it was.. a bit of acrobatics are required to perform the task so he said... :kissing:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks again dudes!

We did have a good time. WE started in Dublin...just the one night. We are not "city" people! Then down through Wicklow, stayed the night in Huntington Castle...then along the southern coast, with nights in Kinsale(Cork), Kenmare....did the "Ring of Kerry"...BEAUTIFUL!!! Stayed along the eastern coast, working our way up to Castlebar. LOTS of driving, to take in the sights. I did all the driving...on the wrong side of the car and on the wrong side of the road!!! We added almost 6000 kilometers to the odometer!
It was a great time...but it is nice to be back home....other than this 80+ degree heat and all the bugs. Weather over there was 60-65 the whole time and there were no mosquitos trying to carry you away! I thoroughly enjoyed the lack of bugs over there!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Any Irish castle kits in your future? The last one you did was simply marvelous.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Mayhaps! I have not looked into it yet.
Most of what we saw were in ruins. Of all the places we stopped at, only 2 were really "touristy", and those areas were packed with people and not much fun (because of all the people). Most of the places (castle and abby ruins) we stopped at had little to no signage, and very few people around. Those were the best. I can only imagine the "cash cow" that those types of places would be turned into, if we had them here...and that would completely ruin (pardon the pun) the experience. Things are very different over there, and I really like some of those aspects, but at the same time it makes me appreciate where I am at, and what is readily available here. I see an over abundance of indulgence in "things" here in the US, that I have not seen in other parts of the world. It's kind of sickening and embarrassing, really. What I miss most...I realized as I was mowing my lawn this morning, sweating like a pig....even though I was on a riding mower...is the cool air and lack of bugs. To go a whole two weeks...in August...without breaking a sweat once, is amazing to me!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Fermis wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Any Irish castle kits in your future? The last one you did was simply marvelous.
Most of what we saw were in ruins. Of all the places we stopped at, only 2 were really "touristy", and those areas were packed with people and not much fun (because of all the people). Most of the places (castle and abby ruins) we stopped at had little to no signage, and very few people around. Those were the best.
You're a man after my own heart Fermis - I spend a lot of time going around old ruins with my family - Castles, Abbys, Houses, Roman Villas. It's partly my Wife's fault as she's doing a degree in Medieval studies, but thankfully we all love history - anfd the kids love climbing over them.

There are some really good ones in England and Wales - we visited about five Castles and a few other runis when we on vacation at the start of August, although like you we stay away from the busyist ones - Alnwick for example (very Harry Potter). We walked a part of Hadrian's wall - that thing is 1700 years old!

We may not have much in the UK, but we do have us some good :quotes: History :quotes: mainly due to all the wars we've had! :ballbat:

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”