The Bridges at Toko Ri

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
wjkunert
Advanced Member

The Bridges at Toko Ri

Post by wjkunert »

I came across a you tube video of the flying sequences from The Bridges at Toko Ri from 1954. It featured the F 9F Panther which I've always found to be one of the better looking early 50's jets. Note the scene around 2:25 where F 4 Corsairs are used to help dock the carrier. This was an excellent book by James Michener and a pretty good movie with William Holden, Mickey Rooney(rescue helicopter pilot) and, I believe, Grace Kelly as Holden's wife. This is a movie where the two major characters die. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46-MRxjteU
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
speedgraflex

Re: The Bridges at Toko Ri

Post by speedgraflex »

Great information! I want to watch the entire movie!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Re: The Bridges at Toko Ri

Post by Stikpusher »

One of my favorite movies. Very well made and stayed true to the original James Michener novel. Aside from changing the central aircraft from F2H Banshees to F9F Panthers.
I picked up a copy online on DVD something like $5.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”