Modelcrazy's lung transplant

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: Modelcrazy's lung transplant

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thank you my friends. It's so great to have friends like you on the earth.

Everything is progressing well. Not much has happened today and nothing tomorrow I would assume. My lung volume continues to increase and I am allowed to wear some of my own t-shirts and walk the halls freely. I asked the Dr about the possably of removing my feeding tube. He was a hesitant to say either way of course but he did say I might graduate to solid food Monday. This was a little confusing to this old technician. Why would I still be on a feeding tube and solid food at the same time? He said that the lungs are inflamed and wanted to settle that down before we introduced a additional possable cause in the form of aspiration of thin liquids. Now that made since, I would have to use the feeding tube for hydration, not for food for a few more days.

I post another update when something changes.

Steve
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for posting an update; grateful to hear you are making progress!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Steve,
that´s so good to hear from you! I had a smile reading that you are allowed your own shirts now! :wink:
We have some troubled times all over in the news; reading your words on the progress after the major surgery is the greatest thing to know for me! Thanks for letting us know!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

I post another update when something changes.

Steve[/quote]

Steve I'm glad you are doing well enough to do the updates personally. I'm sure everybody would rather hear from the horses mouth than from me. Really excited you are doing so well. Prayer changes things.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Glad to hear of your continued recovery and even more so in your attitude towards it. Looking forward to your next update Steve.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thank you, my friends.

Here’s my update.

Monday morning, 10 days since the operation. Just got my chest x-ray and waiting to get a swallow test today. A good outcome would be to transition to solid food with thick liquids, a great outcome would be to remove the feeding tube. The Dr. may want me to keep it in for hydration since the fear, at the moment, is aspirating thin liquid into the new lungs.

Here are some pics my wife took.

Sunday the 11th, just woke up after the procedure on Friday and had the breathing tube removed. I could just barley comprehend what was going on.

Thursday the 15th, one full week out sitting in a chair. I was moved out of the ICU late Monday.

This morning, 10 days out. I’m allowed to shower, wear my own cloths and move freely about the halls (with permission of course). On my laptop making sure you guys stay in line with the tube "feeding" me LOL

GOOD BYE to these things.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Great to see you in action and praying that your recovery continues to go well. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Hang in there buddy.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Nice to have some good news
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re on the mend! :shoutout: And your obviously determined to heal quickly.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:That is the best story that I have read in ages. I have faith that your recovery will be swift and complete! Your grace under pressure with this has been truly inspiring. Your new lease on this life is well deserved.
This is the absolute best expression of my feelings, better than I could have expressed myself. Seeing the pics of you recovering brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am so thrilled to see prayers answered! I will continue to pray for you as you recover. Way to go man! You are an amazing inspiration!!!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”