Pray for Duke Maddog

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Pray for Duke Maddog

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, we do have the IPMS fundraising auction next week, right? I’m sure that there will be something there that will say “buy me” to you.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This is true Carlos, but whether I'll have the cash to spend on it will be the question. I'm not getting any income this week so I'll just have to work the thing and see what I can do. Maybe I'll being the checkbook and spend some more of my wife's money.... :hmm: :bag: :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Glad to hear you've completed your treatments Mark, I'll be praying for a good outcome.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Stuart. It still hurts a lot during certain bodily functions, but I'm taking it easy and hoping things start getting better. They were the worst ever as of yesterday so I should be on the downward slope now. Thanks again for all the prayers and support.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here's an update on my situation. My apologies if some of this is a bit graphic, I'll try to keep it 'clean'...

Well, this past weekend was a tough one. While I've improved in one area; I have started experiencing extreme pain when trying to pass solid waste. Sometimes the pain has been so severe I've had a tough time even breathing, particularly on Monday and Tuesday. I've even started bleeding slightly from my rear end. It is not a lot, but has still been happening for the past four days. Now I've considerably reduced my food intake; living almost exclusively on water alone. With this, I've achieved a slight improvement in things, at least making them bearable and the bleeding is a bit more infrequent. Because of all this, I've not done a thing in my Hobby Room so far this week. I've done a lot of sleeping, whenever my bowels allow me to stay asleep. I'm taking today to sleep and rest even more, while abstaining from food. Hopefully I will heal enough to do the job I contracted to do tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll have help. I need this income extremely badly.

Whatever happens, it is all in God's Hands. Again, I apologize to all if I have become a bit too 'familiar' and graphic to you all.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Mark,
I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulty. Can you have Insure or something similar so you can get nutrition?
I'm still praying for you brother.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark I could see that by the end of Saturday’s meeting you looked pretty tired. I can only imagine your discomfort form the things you describe. As a concerned friend I will say to for you to try and get some nutrients by liquid in addition to water. Protein shakes and whatnot are out there. Your body needs them to help you recover and keep up your strength. And I will keep up my prayers for your swift and complete recovery.

Hang in there buddy!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow. I’m sorry to hear the difficulties you’re experiencing. Have you talked to your doctor about this? Praying for better days for you.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Damn. That really sucks. Like the others say, try protein shakes or something like that. You gotta have the stuff in them to help fight this.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Really sorry to hear of your issues Mark - That must be pretty hard to deal with. What the others have said sounds like a good idea and I'd certainly recommend taking to your doctor.

Still praying for you!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”