USS Lexington wreckage found!!!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

USS Lexington wreckage found!!!

Post by BlackSheep214 »

After 76 years, she has been found more than 500 miles off the coast of Australia. Hard to believe the aircraft wreckage colors remained the same as the day she was sunk in May of 1942 during the Battle of the Coral Sea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/ ... spartanntp
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Re: USS Lexington wreckage found!!!

Post by Stikpusher »

Man I love seeing those photos! The ultimate photo reference of how the planes and ship looked that day.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah. No light, no corals. That's why the corals were pretty sparse considering she's at least 11,000 feet underwater. Corals need light to thrive.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That is fortunately deep enough to lay undisturbed. Most of the wrecks in the Java sea have been illegally salvaged even though these where marked as war graves.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:That is fortunately deep enough to lay undisturbed. Most of the wrecks in the Java sea have been illegally salvaged even though these where marked as war graves.
Yes, what has happened there is a travesty.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”