Having some fun now.......

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Having some fun now.......

Post by Stikpusher »

Nothing wrong with your purchasing mindset at all. If it looks good to you, get it!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, but some mornings you wake up and wonder what you were thinking....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shutup: :shutup: :shutup:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Lyle! Did you ever consider the Hasegawa 1/48 Fw 190A or 190D kits? I keep thinking those would be fun in 1/48. I was also looking at AMT’s 1/48 190–the kit it’s based on was on the list of better Anton kits at one time, probably pre-Eduard domination. Personally I like the fit and finish of the one Hasegawa kit I own—the Mustang P-51D in 1/32—!

I was going to respond more in the direction of the topic, so I would like to thank you for sharing the photos of your bench and the views from the windows. I miss the look of the East Coast very much... the softly falling light through the trees and what looks like a neighbor’s swing set in an adjoining backyard complete a most welcome landscape outside your bench area. A well chosen spot, sir!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In 1/48 FW-190As, the AMT kit is at the lower end of the spectrum. It’s a rebox of the Otaki/ ARII kit. Externally it looks good with nice recessed detail, but internally it needs help. No engine face aside from the fan, wheel well details are so so, and the cockpit is quite basic/bare. My biggest gripe though is the armament- an experimental twin MG-151 pack under each wing that barely saw service from what I’ve read. If you leave them off, you have to create the detail for the wing underside where the outer wing internal guns go: ejection ports, magazine bulges, etc. I built one back in ‘11, and did lots of Frankenstein work to upgrade mine, using spare parts from Tamiya and Eduard 190’s in my stash. As well as adding a True Details resin seat with harness. There are easier ways to get a nice 190A in 1/48. I have a few in my stash.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Carlos! I am seeing 1/48 Tamiya Fw190A-8s for 20 bucks with shipping...

:hmm:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Honestly, the German aircraft do not hold a great deal of interest at the moment. I see so many stunning builds here an on the FB pages, that I am a bit hesitant to jump in with one. But, those would make good alternatives. I got the Eduard at the time because of all the 'buzz' around them. Out of my league.

Bruce, I am always happy to share my landscape with others. Come on by and I can reintroduce you to weeding flower beds!!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I miss many things about having a back yard, but somehow weeding is not one o’ these! Hah! I also appreciated your personality on Carlos’s Marauder build. I laughed aloud whenever you made a comment—the high point may be when you called Borg a “varlot!” Haha. That was truly special.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Humour is about all I got these days. A "varlot", huh? I'll have to go back and find that one! :giggles: Our lot is about 2/3 of an acre and the one outside that window is about 9/10 of an acre - and it floods. It was bought at auction several years ago and quickly went up again.

Started a project that I may yet regret....trying to clean out the paint spray booth. Lordy. More junk in there than a three-year old's nose with a cold.

Layer, after layer of paint. Almost like an archeological dig! Vac'd out the filters and may go see if I can find something at the hardware store later.

Got my printer station pretty well set - the color laser is still off to the right side though. Out of real estate on this table.

Good thing the 91% Isopropyl Alcohol doesn't bother me!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In case you were wondering what this stuff does....

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”