Back from the Nationals

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Back from the Nationals

Post by Duke Maddog »

You're welcome Kari. I still have a large number of pics to post so stay tuned. as for my tables, I'll see if I can post them in the next update here.

Joe, thanks. I highly recommend coming to an IPMS Nationals. It's pure modeling sensory overload! I myself may make the San Marcos Nationals; depending on how much work I get between now and then. If I do I hope to meet you there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here is the final installment of my pics from the Nationals. There may be some repeats here but I'll try to minimize them as much as possible. There were, as mentioned; a ton of Space and Sci-fi, so here are the rest of them...

I thought this one was so cool with a "full interior" LOL!

Another Millennium Falcon, there were alot of these!

Direct hit! If I recall there was a light inside that 'fireball' that flickered, but I'm not sure....

I believe this was the 1/72 scale one... one I hope to get someday.

This was "Best Real Space and Sci'Fi", "Best Apollo Theme" and "Best of Show". I know it was posted before, but here's another look at it:

This was a past winner that was placed in the "Blast from the Past" category; a category for past winners to be displayed again. This was a scratch built model done with only one hand: his other arm was broken while he was building this:

That is all the Sci-fi and Real Space I have. Here is another aircraft that caught my eye:

This is a 1/35th scale armored train car that looked amazing. I shot this because I have a 1/72 scale kit of this very same car:

And now here are a few more of the ships and subs I shot. Some of these will be repeats I'm sure, but these were some exquisite models!

Just for fun, here is a couple shots of many of the guys that came to the Braille Scale Armor meeting. One came all the way from Australia!

Well that's all I have for now. This completes my pictures for the Nationals. Later I might post pics of my niece and nephew building models with me when I arrived in Columbus after the Nationals.

Enjoy these last photos.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Many thanks Duke for this new set of pictures!

The Eagle looked really really good!
Scale must have been 1/48 I guess ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

My apologies for not responding sooner. Yes, I believe the Eagle was 1/48. It sure looked a lot bigger than my 1/72 scale one.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Free Discussion”