1/1 Spring project

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: 1/1 Spring project

Post by Fermis »

Thanks dudes!
It's kinda perplexing...I have about 6 months off a year (winter)...and I barely get anything done...probably cuz my focus shifts to models!

Once work gets fired up...I've pretty much cooled off and get a 2nd wind...just keep right ona goin'!
Stikpusher wrote::shoutout:

No wonder you haven’t been around for awhile. Id be surprised if you had any time for model stuff in the middle of all that!
You-n-me both! I haven't sat down at the bench in weeks. I have had little bits of time here and there, but have just been too wooped to even think about anything besides nothing!

Taking a MUCH needed break for the weekend...headin up north. Gonna look for some steelhead, rainbows and browns!
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Fermis wrote:
Taking a MUCH needed break for the weekend...headin up north. Gonna look for some steelhead, rainbows and browns!
Well....the steelhead, rainbows and browns didn't cooperate. Had a NICE steely on....a solid 10-12 pounder, but lost it. Had a few small rainbow and brown "chasers", unwilling to commit. I did manage to get one fish...

...a little northern pike...all of maybe 13-14 inches (gotta be 24" to keep)

I still managed to forage a meal from the river though!

Had an even dozen. They take a bit of work to get into...but well worth it! I do this about once a year...just to keep em a "special treat".

Spent one day on the kayaks...went from camp, all the way down to Manistee Lake....roughly 5.5-6 hours (roughly 3-4 hours too long!).
Docked in the lake are "The City of Milwaukee" (was a ferry for train cars, across Lk. Mi....now a museum) and the USGC vessel "Acacia".

Also visited Michigans largest wooden/suspension/foot bridge...

Back to reality...work is booked solid for the month...and it's been balls hot (90's). SO ready for October!!!
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

My wife and I went kayaking last year for her birthday and had a complete blast. Very cool pics!!! Your pad is looking great Jeremy.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Those crabs look super tasty! Will be on holiday in two weeks in a region of Germany with a great lake district. I'm from the north and used to seafood but I love me some sweet water fish from time to time.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Still...no bench time...but things are getting done!!!

Going back to my "Corona project". I put up cedar on the big LR wall...

I continued the cedar around the walls of the loft...

There was a basically useless corner/recess...finally got to build the built in gun cabinet I've wanted to do for years!

Finished product...

Also...FINALLY put the finishing touches on the bathroom....only took me 10 years! :bag:

With our daughter moved out...it was time to revamp what was her room...

Fresh paint and some wood treatment!
I'm still waiting opn the flooring (ordered 2 weeks ago)...once that's in, I can proceed with the closet shelving units.

While waiting for the flooring, I decided to put down new tile in the entryway, build new shelving for the front closet....while I was at it, the walls and closet doors got the cedar treatment!

A little bonus...found this little guy on the ground, under Penelope's (pee-neh-lope) nest. She's my little squirrel friend that eats out of my hand and lets me pet her.

Had him eating real good, he was doing great for a week and a half, then just "fell off" in one day...sad day :sad:

So...that's most of what I've been up to lately...model season is fast approaching!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Beautiful work! Really nice. Too bad about the baby squirrel...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Everything is looking super! Gorgeous work on your home. But after ten year I would think that you could have installed a holder for the TP... :tease:

Sad about the baby squirrel, but I suppose that is nature.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Cedar looks great - must smell wonderful in there! Haven't shot a bow in years, but I had a 50LB bear recurve that used to kick my ass.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks dudes!!!
Stikpusher wrote:Everything is looking super! Gorgeous work on your home. But after ten year I would think that you could have installed a holder for the TP... :tease:

TP is sitting on its "holder"!
I don't know why, but actual TP holders annoy me.
keavdog wrote:Cedar looks great - must smell wonderful in there! Haven't shot a bow in years, but I had a 50LB bear recurve that used to kick my ass.
I don't shoot a lot of arrows any more...I'll break it out maybe 5-6 times a year and shoot for an hour or so. Last deer I shot with a bow was in 2013, then switched over to the crossbow. I still have more deer with bow, than I do any other method (crossbow is catching up though)
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

That...........is impressive Jeremy. Sorry about the lil critter. It's heartbreaking to see when life gets cut short sometimes.

Return to “Free Discussion”