1/1 Spring project

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 1/1 Spring project

Post by Duke Maddog »

Heck, I would also thoroughly enjoy that! Man, Watching you work with all that wood is making my hands itch to go build something wooden! Too bad I can't, so I'll just have to stick with styrene... :bag:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Superb work Fermis, If you're ever in the UK feel free to drop in and do mine!

Sorry to hear about your little friend - some you just can't save. I'm glad you looked after him for that short time though.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

portman wrote:Superb work Fermis, If you're ever in the UK feel free to drop in and do mine!

I'll even do it for free!!!
(I am confident that I will never be in the UK though! :tease: )

:tongue:

Still a few odd and ends to add to the deck, but for all intents and purposes...it's done usable!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Fermis, that is some beautiful work! It looks nice and solid!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I am overwhelmed at the incredible beauty of that new deck! Way to go man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I really admire your work, Fermis. I would hire you to install a new front porch in a heartbeat. Such a shame you’re too far away. Unless you’re heading to Central New York... :giggles: :lashed: :hmm:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:Fermis, that is some beautiful work! It looks nice and solid!
thanks!
She is SOLID! No wiggle what-so-ever...and it's not even attached to the house in any way!

Funny thing...I've been thinking about this deck for at least 25 years! Originally, this was going to be my house (I'm glad I am where I am though!). I still have my 1st drawing/plan I ever made for this project. It's a little bit different, but hey, I was only 17 when I drew it!
Duke Maddog wrote:I am overwhelmed at the incredible beauty of that new deck! Way to go man!
Much appreciated! This is only my 2nd deck. 1st was last year, for my old flight instructor...12 x 16...quite basic.
There are a few things that bug me about it...but I am really picky. I'll just keep those things to myself...just like I do with my models!!!
BlackSheep214 wrote:I really admire your work, Fermis. I would hire you to install a new front porch in a heartbeat. Such a shame you’re too far away. Unless you’re heading to Central New York... :giggles: :lashed: :hmm:
Arrangements can be made....if the price is right! :whistle:

Long day today!
Tore out a whole partially built treehouse...while my folks still had the dumpster on site. No before/after pics.
My brother was supposed to have it torn out weeks ago...but, like everything else, he hadn't done it. Saved him a lot of work...but I'm more than sure that when/if he sees that it's gone, he'll find a way to be the victim (par for the course....long story...lots of drama :shutup: ).
Since I was at it, I built the little "bar" tables on the posts for the pergola, using up the left over scrap. Came up just a bit short though...

Will have to swing by the Depot tomorrow to grab another board, to finish em off.

These are at a height, more suitable for standing...thinking "deck party", and having a place to setchyer beer down!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That is pretty neat! Are you planning on installing an umbrella to the top of the stand?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That is pretty neat! Are you planning on installing an umbrella to the top of the stand?
Negative.
Gonna be something like this...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Dude, that is sweet! :lashed:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”