Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1917

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Went to see it this morning with my son (11:10 showing - admission is $5 before 12 noon :lashed: ) We both enjoyed it very much. You can feel the emotions and frustrations, determination on the characters. I enjoyed seeing WW1 biplanes in flight and the dogfight that culminated to a WW2 German aircraft crashing. Rarely seen on the big screen. I was pleasantly surprised to see a WW1 tank in the ditch - another rarity to see on the big screen. Too bad they could have shown one in action though. Overall, it is a great movie. I hope it does win Best Picture in the Oscars. Of course, they always pick the stupidest ones to win it.

Saw the preview of Parasite but couldn't figure out the plot. Knowing the Oscars, that'll probably win Best Picture. :bored:

Also saw previews for The Rhythm Section (weird one), The Turning, & The Invisible Man.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mostrich
Admin

Re: 1917

Post by mostrich »

Back from the cinema and I have to say I'm impressed. One of the best anti-war movies I've seen to this day.
If this doesn't win the Oscar for camera I don't know nothing. But then, who cares? It's just bloody good.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Free Discussion”