Coronavirus discussion in ww2aircraft.net forums

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Coronavirus discussion in ww2aircraft.net forums

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Read the whole thread. :giggles:

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/c ... ead.53048/

I loved Marcel’s response towards the bottom of page 1. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Coronavirus discussion in ww2aircraft.net forums

Post by BlackSheep214 »

In all honesty, I believe this coronavirus issue has gotten everyone in a state of mass hysteria. I mean come on, it’s a flu not the next Black Death epidemic. I went to Walmart to do my weekly grocery shopping and I had to laugh because the shelves are emptied and sold out in the following items:

Lysol wipes of all types
Hand sanitizers
Isopropyl alcohol
Hydrogen Peroxide
Bleach

I even spoke to a friend at a local grocery store who told me even their warehouses are out of them. You can’t even find any of the items anywhere in the area. Really, people?

But hey, there is a bright side... they still have Preparation H wipes in stock. :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Oh my, I almost died at the one :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: how long before they go as well!!

I have to say I don't really get the panic about this thing - it's not like it's the Black Death as you said. I'd like to know how many people worldwide have died in car accidents over the same period but that's not something we think about.

Yeah be careful obviously, but I can't see that you need to do much more than you'd normally do in any flu season.

As for sanitiser, my wife makes her own, 100% alc, will kill off anything. I'll be selling out of my yard for £100 a bottle :grin: :lashed:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Being a recent double lung transplant recipient (Monday Mar 9th is my second birthday if anyone was looking to get me anything) I'm always cautious of any virus including the common cold. I'm not afraid of this although it does target the lungs. I wash my hands, use sanitizer, don't lick doorknobs and wear a mask while flying. If I get sick, I get sick and will deal with it then.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Honestly, I blame the media for causing such a hysteria over this. Yes, I agree with MC; those with respiratory issues are the greatest risk for coronavirus as those with autoimmune disease or underlying health issues as well as the elderly.

The issue with folks stocking up on hand sanitizers should be very careful. Too much of that stuff can strip layers of skin can make themselves even more vulnerable to germs and diseases. I get it they want to protect themselves and all but too much preventive cleansing is a bit too much.

When the coronavirus first broke the news of the outbreak, my thoughts turned to you, Modelcrazy. I do worry especially after your double lung transplant. Do take care of yourself. We all need you around because you are family here in SPAM.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thank you Blacksheep, it's great to have a caring family. My wife is getting a little fearful about this and I frequently have to put a cap on it to get her to see reason. Influenza is a far greater hazard for me, one which could very easily wind me up in the hospital and one which surrounds me constantly, especially in the winter. Same precautions I use for that works for this.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Figure this out,oil is tanking on the Market due to the virus,down about $12-13 dollars a barrel in about a week,the price of gasoline didn't come down 1 cent this past week.Go figure,they sure know how to raise it quickly enough
Mopar Madness

Post by Mopar Madness »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Honestly, I blame the media for causing such a hysteria over this..
That’s the problem IMHO. 14 Coronavirus deaths in the US according to the CDC, but an average of 30k die each year in the US from the flu. Where’s the media coverage for that? The media stirs up panic for viewer ratings I’m sure.
Chad

God, family, models.

At the plate: Something Luftwaffe...
On deck: Something Luftwaffe...
In the hole: Something Luftwaffe I’m sure!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes I was just reading about how many people died from the H1N1 flu strain a few years back. While China is being hard hit, so far things here are in good shape I would say.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

But still folks are feeding into what the media reporting on this type of flu. Even schools are trying to get advice from professionals in when and to close schools due to this flu outbreak. Ridiculous. I think the main trouble is folks are too used to being pampered and expects the government and medical experts to make the decision making for them.

Now I hear stories of folks heading to liquor stores for alcohol mainly vodka as an alternative. I’ll bet eBay and Amazon sellers are making a killing selling hand sanitizers at tripe rate. This shows how greedy they’ve become taking advantage of the public during this coronavirus outbreak. Shame on them.

Return to “Free Discussion”