BlackSheep grounded

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

BlackSheep grounded

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks like resuming any kit building is on hold temporarily. Yesterday, I decided to clean the gas grill using Easy Off Grill Cleaner Foam. As I was applying it to various parts of the grill, I experienced some droplets getting into my right eye. Never bothered me before since it was a small amount.

So, I let it soak and do it’s work while I ran errands until I noticed 45 minutes to an hour later, I started noticing dark green floaters in m6 right eye. When I got home, I immediately flushed my eyes with water, put some refresh drops in, waited more and flushed eyes again. Next thing I noticed, I’m getting a million tiny specks of dots floaters in my right eye and looking thru my right eye alone throw in a light fog for good measures. Picture that.

I got concerned and did a telemedicine via phone and got a doctor from Alabama (WTF?!?) Doc told me use Visine every 4 hours.

This morning vision no better so I called my eye doctor. Was told there was no doctor to see me and hung up on me. Now I’m getting pissed..
The missus suggested I call my primary doctor. Explained the situation and told me besides the Visine, get natural tears.

Then missus suggested I go to urgent care. Now I’m getting frustrated. So I go. I explained everything to the PA and she would check my eyes. They swabbed each of my eyes and both were normal. They put a dye to see if there’s any chemicals in m6 eye. None were found. They ordered a prescription of ofloxican drops - 2 drops, twice a day. I was also suggested I go to an eye doctor for a follow-up. No dice on first call since I tried to set up an appointment with them because I haven’t been there in 7 years. So another doc has accepted me to see him tomorrow morning. Might as well and see what he says and treatment plan.

I actually broke down this morning out of frustration and fear of going blind. 5he good news the pa at urgent care said I did everything right. I’m so stressed out I can’t relax.

I went for a walk with the missus and dog this afternoon and it kind of settled my mind a bit.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep grounded

Post by keavdog »

Maybe give the poison control center a call. A bit late for that, but they may have some additional information. I had a similar experience when I used to mix concrete as a boy. Spraying water in the mixer and a clump of cement fell of a blade and I got a face full. Stung right away though and had blurry vision in one eye for a couple days. Cleared up on it's own, but I wore the face shield from then on!
Hope you turn a corner soon.
Thanks,
John
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Blacksheep, I'll be praying for a swift and full recovery. It's always scary when something like this happens. As a rule, if anything comes even close to my eyes, I immediately wash my face and eyes to insure nothing goes wrong.

Take care and my best wishes for a swift recovery.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:P1:

My oldest harps about using safety gear in all I do. But when something like this happens, you do become something of a believer.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah, the missus has already harped on me I shoulda wore glasses. I’m already regretting I cleaned the grill yesterday. Hopefully, tomorrow will give me a much needed peace of mind.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Dude, that sucks. I know...lost use of ny right eye when I was seven. It sounds like it is under control for now! Praying for a full recovery.

Be patient with it and carry on!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I've had petrol sprayed in my eye twice so I kind of now how you feel - I hope you get it all cleared up ASAP! Let us know how you get on - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Sorry to hear,especially with everything else going,get well soon.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Keep your head up. A positive mind can help with a problem. Might not fix it but it keeps you sane.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I hope your vision gets better, always a good Idea to wear safety glasses. I saved my eyes with safety glasses many times. The worst was I was pulling the sludge out of the kolene, it's a molten salt bath I work with at 900F. Something happend and I got splashed in the face with it just a few tiny drops. My glasses stopped it but it did burn through them after a few minutes. Of course the safety director asked why j wasn't wearing a full face shield, he didn't like it when I told him that he never gave me one.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Free Discussion”