30 Most Iconic Cars of the 70s

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

30 Most Iconic Cars of the 70s

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Saw this on MSN this morning. Besides the most obvious ones we all remember but some I completely forgotten about growing up in the 70s. Now if only Revell, AMT, MPC can take a hint on some of those listed. :bored: Anyway, let's take a trip down memory lane of 70s Iconic automobiles. A fun idea, list the automobiles you or your family had owned and driven at one time.

.https://auto.alot.com/buyers-guide/30-m ... 2&ld_trk=1
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 30 Most Iconic Cars of the 70s

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Of that list, I owned the '78 Pontiac Sunbird as a winter rat. Man, that car got around good in winter with studded snow tires, My sis-in-law owned the '80 Chevy Citation when I was dating my current wife. Both were owned during the 80s. What was not on that list is the '75 Chevy Monza I also owned as my second used car after my first beloved '64 Dodge Dart failed inspection. The Dart was given to me by my grandparents to be my commuter car for college in 1983.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I call BS on that list! Iconic? :quotes: It started off great with that Vega but where's the Black Trans Am with the gold bird on the hood? Z-28? Mustang? Porsche 928? Dasher but not the Rabbit???

We had a run of pretty crappy family cars during that period of time as I remember... Dodge Dart... Chevy Caprice Classic and the worst one... Ford Fairmont. I knew the list was bogus when they listed the Zephyr (which was Mercury's version of the Fairmont).

But yeah.. it was quite an interesting trip through memory lane with a bunch of lesser known vehicles in there. Interesting but not iconic!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That's MSn for ya... I agree. They left out so many on that list. The least they could have done is go by the years, not the whole 70s generation.

jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I was gonna say what are they talking about? There weren't any iconic cars in the 70's!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Most were iconic junk... :giggles:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote:I was gonna say what are they talking about? There weren't any iconic cars in the 70's!
I heartily disagree :ballbat:

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Perhaps my perspective is twisted by owning a 1965 4.2 Jag E-Type for 20 years, Carlos. All a'them 70's things were just dumbed down smog monsters to me. :tease:
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Don't get me wrong, Carlos. Not dissing the whole 70s generation of cars but some were junks. There are a lot of great notable iconic cars during the 70s.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I am not arguing that. Lots of the 70s cars were horrid. But some truly were iconic. And there were then, as now, plenty in the middle. Not much wheat among all the chaff. We just tend to remember the best and the worst, and not all the stuff in the middle. A 1977 Datsun 280Z, well remembered. A 1977 Datsun B210, not so much...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”