New kit coming in so I just sold off the old one....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: New kit coming in so I just sold off the old one....

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:I’ll see what I can do about the photos. The original Hind build photos are in Photobucket, and we all know what that means... :headbang:
The newer Hind is still unbuilt in my stash. :whistle:
Ah bum - no matter.

I've always fancied building a mi-24 (having actually sat in one), such a great looking Helicopter. The annoying thing is the Monogram kits are pretty hard to get in the UK, I can get them from the States but often you'll pay twice what the kit's worth in postage!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Revel Germany reissued the kit in their box and label at least once. Have a look for it under that line. I’m sure they are more affordable in your part of the world. The one that I won in the raffle was actually the Revell Germany boxing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And I did manage to get a copy of my Hind photos off of Photobucket via screenshots. Not as sharp as the originals. Long story short, I built this in 1990 or so, rebuilt it a few years later after major damage in an earthquake, and took these photos about 10 years ago or so...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Now that is a mean looking Gunship - great build Carlos and I love that it has backstory - damaged in an earthquake! :wow: It's not a bad looking likeness actually, Monogram did a good job.

I did wonder if the RoG was a Monogram repop - I'll take a look. It'd be good to have one to sit next to my Apaches.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

keavdog wrote:Buyer beware I say. I've got a 1/48 Monogram Hind to sell since I picked up the Zvezda kit and on it goes. One mans trash is another mans treasure so to speak.
I still have one for sale; can't seem to find a buyer.

Carlos, yours looks fantastic! I have at least nine of those helicopters in 1/72 scale....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote: I still have one for sale; can't seem to find a buyer.
sent you a PM
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart and Mark. I would love to find a 1/48 Hind A kit or conversion... :hmm:

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Zvezda makes a 1/72 A
Thanks,
John
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Stikpusher wrote:
keavdog wrote:Buyer beware I say. I've got a 1/48 Monogram Hind to sell since I picked up the Zvezda kit and on it goes. One mans trash is another mans treasure so to speak.
:ballbat: There’s nothing wrong with the Monogram Hind. I built one long ago when it was new, and won another in an IPMS raffle a couple of years ago.
Well, the cockpit is pretty funky, particularly the seats. I have built it in the past and I agree it's nice. The Zvezda kit is a V/VP model - options for the twin 23mm cannon or the machinegun. Nice figures, lots of open panel options.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote:Zvezda makes a 1/72 A
If they come out with one in 1/48, I’ll get it.

As far as the Monogram cockpit goes, one has to consider when the kit was engineered, during the late Cold War, and cockpit photos and reference were pretty much non existent in the West outside of the secret squirrel world. Zvezda has the advantage of their new kit of a now old aircraft made in their country. And mold technology has advanced a bit as well. :wink: The twin gun V/VP kit does sound tempting. Then maybe my RoG kit can be made in DDR or Iraqi markings... :hmm: Although I am wanting to do a Soviet Afghan war version with the IR exhaust suppressors and in the brown and sand scheme.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”