MiG-23ML Flogger G - Trumpeter 1/48

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Norman
Advanced Member

MiG-23ML Flogger G - Trumpeter 1/48

Post by Norman »

I'm going to try a model kit again. After the MiG-21 I build the MiG-23 ML Flogger G from Trumpeter with some accessories. :headslap:

Parts list:
  • Trumpeter MiG-23ML 02855
  • Eduard Brassin MiG-23M/MF SIN64811
  • Eduard Brassin MiG-23ML air intake 648438
  • Eduard MiG-23ML mask set EX423
  • Master Pitot Tube MiG-23 Flogger AM-48-058
  • Aires Cockpit 4582

Eduard engine nozzel set, painted with Mr.Paint metal colors

Eduard wheel wells, main color Mr.Paint MRP-049 and detail painting with different colors from Tamiya and Gunze

Aires Cockpit painted with Real Color RC206 russian cockpit, very nice match to the original cockpit color, not the best choice for precolored Eduard PE-Parts.

Weathering will follow after trying time and a gloss coat.
LyleW
Admin

Re: MiG-23ML Flogger G - Trumpeter 1/48

Post by LyleW »

That will be a "looker" for sure! Interesting to see how you have done this so far.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout:

Oh yeah! I’m gonna enjoy watching this project!

:popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Norman! That's a very nice project. Hope that the Aires CP's going to fit well. Some of them are known for fighting the modeler.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

mostrich wrote:Norman! That's a very nice project. Hope that the Aires CP's going to fit well. Some of them are known for fighting the modeler.
Very nice project! I built this kit with a similar assortment of aftermarket stuff including the Aires cockpit. As I recall, it took some fiddling to get it to fit including thinning of the fuselage interior and the resin sidewalls. I had to trim the height of the sidewalls too. There was also an issue of the instrument panel coaming extending too far backward into the cockpit but I left that alone as long as it fit under the clear parts. Good luck! The MiG-23 is such an interesting looking aircraft. You're going to love getting those landing gear legs into place! :giggles:
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John, I never figured you for a Mig guy. :hmm:

Any chance that you can share that completed build with us on the forum here?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I'm not really. I mean, I have a general interest in combat aircraft and MiG's are interesting from that perspective but I don't have a lot of working knowledge of jets like I do with WW2 aircraft. But I will venture from my comfort zone every once in a while and the MiG-23 build was one of those ventures. I think I posted them at one time on an on-going thread about past builds but I'd be happy to post my MiG-23 build on the Completed board!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Migs are indeed quite interesting as combat aircraft. And yes, please do post your Mig on the completed board. I’d love to see it.

Sorry for the hijack of your thread Norman. :bag:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Norman, this looks like an interesting project. Glad to see you back on the bench.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Don't know much about jets but I'll be following.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”