Bolleken's 1:72 stuff

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Bolleken's 1:72 stuff

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant! Masterfully done my man; congrats on a fantastic little model.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Excellent finish!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

And what a finish. Beautifully done.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Wow, Marius! That turned out so well. Are there any more photos? Each aircraft takes on a new yet used appearance! Never too much; just like Goldilocks of the weathering techniques, you find what is “just right” when it comes to appearance. I particularly appreciate the delicate fading of the motion related streaks! You achieved great realism!!

F-86 Sabre Jet! Alex Toth, from Frontline Combat 12, May-June 1953. Colors by Marie Severin, script by Harvey Kurtzman.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

Thank you all for your kind words. Especially Bruce, the cartoon is just cool.
To be honest, I am not fully satisfied with the result which is the reason for only one more available photo...

And here u can see what's currently on my workbench. Masking my Viggen took so much time that I needed a different challenge. So I started Heller's Bachem Natter. Tiny little kit.
* I had some RLM66 left and already loaded to my airbrush so I put it onto Dragon's Me P.1101. This Build started almost 20 years ago.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for the second photo, Marius. I support your decision to limit photos if you are not feeling 100 percent, but really I think the model came together so well overall. Are you not happy with the metallic finishes?

I found a few photos. I have never heard of the Me P1101 before! Interesting fair photo of this aircraft at Bell Labs, New York:

The Natter looks to be a great little project!

Last edited by speedgraflex on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

The metallics are ok. But it was almost impossible to weather it and I don't understand why?!
If you want to know more about the Me P.1101 look at the Bell X-5, which is almost a build to print...
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bolleken wrote:The metallics are ok. But it was almost impossible to weather it and I don't understand why?!
If you want to know more about the Me P.1101 look at the Bell X-5, which is almost a build to print...
Re weathering metallics, I looked at a lot of F-86 photos last night to better understand what you mean. I honestly feel your weathering looks great. I’m not simply stating a positive in order to just state a positive. I might be tempted to try tinting and toning underwing areas with watercolor washes with Post-It masks. That way, you can build up and take down layers easily. Watercolor is when set very stable. At least that is what I am going to try on the Bolt.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/ ... -DFRC.html

Wow, we made a larger copy and incorporated the swept-back design in our fighters, too. I have not looked up the Messerschmitt history yet, but thank you for your information!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Sabre looks just right and I’m sure the next batch will look great as well!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:The Sabre looks just right and I’m sure the next batch will look great as well!
Maybe this is just... Sabre rattling?

:giggles:

... and totally way off topic, but wow, this:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”