Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post by LyleW »

This is as much of a place holder as anything.

This is an old, old Italaerei kit, when they still spelled their name this way. I have no idea where or when I bought it, but I must have gotten two kits in the deal. I also don't recall sending one to BlackSheep214, but I'm glad I did. In cleaning up the room and organizing kits, I was putting the bag-only kits in some storage boxes. Noticed this one seemed to be missing a sprue. So, as you may have seen, I asked you guys for some help.

Thomas apparently snuck into my house and snatched up the sprue from my kit, as he had two! Every the friend, BlackSheep214 sent it to me. It was packed as solidly as anything I've seen. The sprue tree was laid flat between two pieces of foam and then placed in a box.

Boy, for a moment, I got my hopes up (along with, well...……) and then I had some explaining to do to the Missus..just sayin' :bag:

Well, I was putting the sprue in the container and noticed that it ony had one propeller. Queried Mr. Blacksheep214 and learned that it was indeed included in the posting and securely in place. So, I started looking around, in the box, in the foam, then, gulp, on the floor. Guess what I found?

I did manage to get it put back together, though. Thus ends another day in the life of a Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeller.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post by Stikpusher »

Lyle, was that box in a discreet plain brown wrapper?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tom, very nice of you to provide the “parts” he needed... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nope. That rascal sent it that way.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Was it a "hard" box to open? And just how did you explain it to the misses?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Just a few snips and it was open. As for the wifey? :bag: :wub: :whistle: :whistle:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hmmm. Beautiful subject!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yes, quite a looker, but most Italian women are. Not sure when I'll get to it, but now that it is whole again I am happy.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Lyle, when you decide to tackle it, let’s do a multi build between you and me since we both have the same kit. It would be interesting to see what scheme we do.

I’ve already picked out the scheme I’m looking to do. I just need to find better WW2 Italian marking decals since the ones in mine are in pretty sad shape. No rush on it. So what do you say?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Sounds like a plan. I can pretty much say the scheme will be as simple as I can find. Not surprised the decals are kaput. I will scan them and see if they can be saved by reprinting. I'll send you some if they can.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

You could also do a Japanese one, they had some very interesting four colours scheme.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”