Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That looks really nice, Lyle!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you.
speedgraflex wrote:Nice!!!
Thanks.

There are places I’m not terribly happy with on the starboard wing. Not sure I want to mess with them, but I’m sure I will....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Give the paint a chance to cure, and more important, give yourself a break. The stepping away from/back is important. Your work looks impressive - I don’t think there is much to quibble over at this stage! Great! Great! Great!!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You are so kind! And speak wisdom. The curved edge on the green on the right wing just doesn’t look smooth. I cut the arc on the left wing with the Silhouette cutter. The right side was tape. If I can cut a satisfactory pattern for the right wing, I’ll probably re-do it. Stepped away around noon and won’t get back at it until morning.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I like the camo on this Lyle
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John. It is a bit eye catching.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

LyleW wrote:You are so kind! And speak wisdom. The curved edge on the green on the right wing just doesn’t look smooth. I cut the arc on the left wing with the Silhouette cutter. The right side was tape. If I can cut a satisfactory pattern for the right wing, I’ll probably re-do it. Stepped away around noon and won’t get back at it until morning.
Very interesting scheme! Hard-edged camo schemes can be difficult to pull off, especially considering all of the contours of the aircraft that you have to work your masks around. It looks good from here! Instead of re-shooting the entire green section on the right wing, I would use flexible tape (i.e. black electrician tape) in narrow strips to smooth out any kinks in the demarcation. The nice thing about the hard edge is that you can apply fixes from either side, color-wise.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

John, thanks. That is a good idea to use electrical tape. I used Tamiya 2mm white vinyl tape on the right side. For some reason, it would not hold very long...the edge was not too bad, but it would pop up and have to be pressed back into place. Anyway, I cut a piece this morning using the Oramask material and the cutter. I am happy with it.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

For someone who doesn't like doing this kind of camo; you sure do an exceptional job on it! That is a brilliant job! Way to go Lyle! :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wouldn’t electrical tape be tackier than yellow Frog tape? I’m usually wary of trying that tape.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:For someone who doesn't like doing this kind of camo; you sure do an exceptional job on it! That is a brilliant job! Way to go Lyle! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Aw, shucks. Now I'm blushing. ...I won't show you the tail. I did that by hand and it looks like it. With those tail braces, I could not get any masks in place.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”