Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Fiat Br 20 e/m Cicogna 1/72

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Wouldn’t electrical tape be tackier than yellow Frog tape? I’m usually wary of trying that tape.
John would have to answer that. The yellow Frog tape doesn't have the flexibility that the electrical tape would.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

The flexible White Tamiya Tape is what I use when I need to negotiate non-flat surfaces or curved patterns. Black electrician tape is what I used to use before I knew about the Tamiya stuff. When I first used the Tamiya Tape, I thought, "this is just electrician tape in WHITE." I find that both the Tamiya white tape and the black electrician tape offers slightly less adhesion to plastic than Tamiya's yellow tape. I don't think using electrician tape would pose a problem as a masking material if your paint is fully dry.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Undersidehttps://i.postimg.cc/05VVBSrY/DSC-0004.jpg sprayed and all the hinomarus painted.

And, a lot of work to do repainting the tail. Can't abide by the hand painted effort. Have to figure out how to get a mask piece under the braces....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I would make two “half circle masks” and cover the red which needs to be redone, then add back your grey undercoat. I might be slightly tempted to mask the circles and use a little wet sand paper at the 800-1000 grit level to reduce the opacity of the red overspray too, but that is a gentle touch and go process and depends on your paint adhesion and your patience.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

This is pretty much in the dead file. Stepped on the windscreen while looking for it. I don’t know if Italeri can supply another.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Rest In Peace or Pieces... hopefully Italeri will provide!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good enough for me. Well done!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:Rest In Peace or Pieces... hopefully Italeri will provide!
Found three of four.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:headslap: Damn that sucks! Can you get new parts?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:This is pretty much in the dead file. Stepped on the windscreen while looking for it. I don’t know if Italeri can supply another.
Is there a vacuform replacement canopy available for this kit?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”