Cessna T50 1/48 Squadron "Encore"

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Cessna T50 1/48 Squadron "Encore"

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:I can say for one thing; I've never smashed and/or thrown out a kit. I guess that's why I have almost all my 1500+ models still in my room. LOL! :bag: I could just never bring myself to do such a thing, especially after I worked so hard on it. Same goes for BB guns and firecrackers.... never happened to any of mine. I've only thrown one model in frustration, but I did manage to fix and finish it later: it was the 737. I get my stress relief by walking away and doing something else physical so I don't engage in anything destructive like that. Then I work on other models and get them finished while letting the frustrating one languish for a bit until I'm ready to face it again.

Lyle, I'm looking forward to seeing the new model you started. I do hope it's an easier one that will allow you to finish it.
Well, only one kit in progress by me ever met it’s demise. But it was not the kit’s fault, strictly mine, and no frustration involved. Simply a realization of overreach on my part for an attempted conversion. On the other hand many builds of mine have been tossed out, given to my kids as toys, or met a violent ending with a BB gun, fireworks, or worse... :whistle:

Otherwise I’d be right up there with you on that count Mark.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Re: Cessna T50 1/48 Squadron "Encore"

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:I can say for one thing; I've never smashed and/or thrown out a kit. I guess that's why I have almost all my 1500+ models still in my room. LOL! :bag: I could just never bring myself to do such a thing, especially after I worked so hard on it. Same goes for BB guns and firecrackers.... never happened to any of mine. I've only thrown one model in frustration, but I did manage to fix and finish it later: it was the 737. I get my stress relief by walking away and doing something else physical so I don't engage in anything destructive like that. Then I work on other models and get them finished while letting the frustrating one languish for a bit until I'm ready to face it again.

Lyle, I'm looking forward to seeing the new model you started. I do hope it's an easier one that will allow you to finish it.
I think the tantrum is over! I had done that (walk away) several times on this one. Honestly, up until the end, it wasn’t anything I could not make “ok”. As I said, when that button is pushed...it isn’t pretty!

Thank you for the encouragement!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”