Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post by KennyX »

BANZAI 1:32! Pearl Harbor! Tora! Tora! Tora!

I was going to log this project over in my other Saburo Shindo Zero thread being that they’re the same pilot and I’m running them concurrently, but John suggested I do a separate thread for this one and after thinking it over, it makes sense. So here we are!

I have been working on the Sakae 12 during breaks from detailing my 1:48 Zeke. Here it is so far:

Still plenty to be done. I attacked the engine first even though it’s actually like, step #40 because I wasn’t 100% happy with the job I did on the 1:48 Zeke’s engine, and I wanted to rectify that. I’m much happier with this one.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post by Duke Maddog »

While I'm not following the other one since I got in far too late; I'm watching this since your work is always a thrill to watch. Looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Yes! I think this build deserves its own thread and I apologize if that means work for you. At least you'll have a consolidated build log for future reference which is something I value highly. I am always referring to my past builds in order to find ways to improve and build off from.

Interested in this specific kit. Do you know... is this one of the kits where Tamiya has incorporated some moving parts like retractable landing gear? I thought I had read something of that sort in reviews of Tamiya Zeros.

The engine looks wonderful. The gear reduction housing is nicely weathered and the wiring adds a nice amount of mechanical complexity to the engine.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Great start that engine looks sweet.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Subscribed with glee. I don't have running water until tomorrow at 9 am and right now I feel as if I have been dipped in cooking oil. Other than that, I am excited about this engine work you are doing. Keep on it, bud. Sincerely.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:Subscribed with glee. I don't have running water until tomorrow at 9 am and right now I feel as if I have been dipped in cooking oil. Other than that, I am excited about this engine work you are doing. Keep on it, bud. Sincerely.
It’s supposed to rain on Tuesday, so worst case you can shower up then... :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Duke,

It’s all good, my man! I’ll try an make this one as in-depth and transparent as the other one.

John,

It’s no problem at all really. There will be a lot of different things happening with this project that the other Zero and I think a separate thread is indeed a good idea and your right- if I want to refer back to the project later, BOOM! Click on the thread instead of having to sort through the other thread looking for updates interspersed in there. It’s a good plan all around.

As to the gear- yeah buddy! It’s retractable! And the cowling panels can be removable too, I believe! I figure tackling this one will help me later on down the line when I do my 1:32 Bird Cage. I can post shots of the instructions if you’re interested in seeing how the retractable gear works, too!

Clint,

Thanks buddy! I feel way better about this engine. I feel like I improved a little bit.

Bruce,

BRO! I hope they fix everything up on time and get the hell out of your space soon! I can’t live without my showers.

Carlos,

I’m not above showering in the rain if I have to!

Okay, so about this project...

I like that I have not one but two Saburo Shindo aircraft. One I’ve weathered the Hell out of in 1:48 scale, and now this one which was an early war carrier-based airplane. This one won’t hardly be weathered at all. It’ll sport a nice semi-gloss finish using colors I’ll be custom mixing based on research I’ve been doing on forums and JAircraft.com. I love that Olive Almost-Khaki Gray and im excited about doing a damn-near brand-new finish with it. I think the contrast between the two airplanes in this regard will look cool. So here we are!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Floki wrote:Great start that engine looks sweet.
:P1:

I try this. I end up with wires glued all over my fingers....nothing on the engine.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Lyle, oh me too! That was the fourth attempt! First three failed!
Kenny X
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Toothpicks and tweezers... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”