Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
speedgraflex

Re: Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post by speedgraflex »

Ken, “when you’re happy and you know it...”

:shoutout: :shoutout:

Just fill the page with those hand clapping yellow emojis, will ya?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

If he don't...…………….I will. :whistle: I'm out of friggin' words to describe what I'm seein'....
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

There is a whole lot to be said for a nice color, and subtlety. Building these Zeros has been a game-changing experience.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

KennyX wrote:
tempestjohnny wrote:I can't get over how perfect that ame-iro looks
Hey! If you’d like to build and paint a Mitsubishi A6M2, here’s the formulae straight from Nick Millman:

Airframe:
100 parts XF14 IJA Gray
40 parts XG49 Khaki
3 parts XF53 Neutral Grey
3 parts XF2 White XF2
2 parts XF7 Red XF7

Control Surfaces:
105 parts XF-19 Sky Gray
20 parts XF-49 Khaki
15 parts XF-25 Lt. Sea Gray

Go forth and build yourself a lovely Zero and paint it with this incredible color. :-D
thanks I'll add to my formulas
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

KennyX wrote: Image
This image blows me away! Looks much larger than 1/72 scale and that's something to be really proud of. I agree with the others... the color looks spot on!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Kenny....your work took words to describe away from me. I got nothing except.... :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :bow: :bow: :bow:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

jkim wrote: This image blows me away! Looks much larger than 1/72 scale and that's something to be really proud of. I agree with the others... the color looks spot on!
Thank you, John! I appreciate that and you know, that was a big concern I had when I silver-based that aircraft. It’s easy to get a lot of nice tonal variation and depth with black-basing, preshading, and so forth and that’s part of what ends up giving you the illusion of the aircraft being larger than it is. I thought it’d be more difficult with the silver base, but on this particular aircraft, it works. I’m really happy with the results of this experiment.

BlackSheep214 wrote:Kenny....your work took words to describe away from me. I got nothing except.... :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks buddy! Did the breakdown I did of painting this one help? I hope it did! And I can’t wait for Part 2- black basing the Spitfire!
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very cool Kenny!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well Kenny, I finally got time to catch up and I gotta say: WOW! That was a a amazing demonstration and fully informative. I don't know that I'll do something like that, but someday I might give it a shot. As others have said; there are no words left to describe the awesome experience of seeing these two models in progress. Your talent and skills are truly epic here.

Thanks again for posting that SBS; it was truly magnificent!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”