Airfix 1/72 B-17G as Liberty Belle

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Airfix 1/72 B-17G as Liberty Belle

Post by Stikpusher »

There are raised rivet decals out there that you can use to replace any lost in seam clean up work...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Haven't given up, just still trying to work out the air brush. I don't have the right connector to attach my compressor, only have the aerosol type cans. I did get the props and wheels.

Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Check your local hardware store for adaptor fittings on your compressor.

I’m glad to see that this project is still moving along.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I'll second this...The compressor end should be fairly standard. The B-17 is looking good, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

I believe this was the first build I posted and is hard to believe that was over four years ago!

Anyhow, I want to finish this one as soon as the Duesenberg and Tomcat are finished, stay tuned.
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Cool! Nice to see this one coming back!

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

SigEp Ziggy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:07 pm I will be building the very old Airfix model of a B-17G as the Liberty Belle.

Oh man, wait for me-- I've been wanting to acquire and build the old Airfix B-24J!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man you guys are mentioning some memories... The only Airfix 1/72 WWII big bombers that I ever built were the B-29 and He-177. My Lancaster's, B-17s and B-24s were all the Revell kits... I never did get their FW Condor...

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”