Karis Spitfires

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Karis Spitfires

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:Yup, The Mandalorian is the new series. Boba Fett’s people.

As far as a new Star Trek movie goes, Jar Jar Abrams has pretty much killed the franchise for now... just like he is doing with Star Wars... :headbang:
Hey now! I like the newer Star Trek movies.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Kari, whatever you build—plane, automobile—I will follow along with you! All the best!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks Bruce, wish I was more active... looking for the lost Mojo.
And the Spitfires wait patiently for a better modelling year 2020 :

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

We will be here waiting...

:popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Sometimes I fall into a pattern of “All I wanna do is build or all I wanna do is paint,” which is dangerous because both must be done to some extant to move forward. Right now I feel the 1/72 gents scale projects are primarily for painting, because painting camo at that scale is hard as we all know. I stand in solidarity with you and your box of aircraft. I am here to support you however I can well we all are but I definitely want to succeed as well. I would like to finish something!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I was in the same boat Kari. Projects sitting in the box and me, with no desire to do anything about it. It took some time but I finally got a small urge to peek at the models and one thing led to another. It helped me to push off the tedious things that I didn't want to think about and start off with something simple, easy and enjoyable to do. Once the mojo kicked in, I was able to address the tedious things.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

It's easy to get discouraged, hit a wall, lose interest in the subject etc. The beat thing I've learned is not to force it. The kit will be ready when you are ready to come back to it
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Been there, not all the way over it, yet. I’ve found that if I just go get after it, that helps.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Been there as well. Lately, it's more of trying to get to the bench than having no mojo.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Kari, I feel your situation. I too have been right there. Still, as others have said, just sitting down, looking at things, gluing a part or two on a model usually helps. I have been in situations where all I want to do is paint but still had more parts to add. I just get them installed and set everything up for painting. You can see that evidenced in my last Maddog Manufacturing thread when I had to bring four models to the paint stage before I could run enough paint through my airbrush to bring it to a white-hot condition. Just take your time; the mojo will come.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”