1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-1 White 7

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! I've also received another set of prototype landing gear replacement legs (center). Like the K-4 legs, they are composite: resin casting around a metal core. Shiny oleo parts need no painting. They are much easier to handle than the all-metal legs (left). And they'll be stronger than the all-plastic kit legs (right).

I still haven't heard when he'll be making these legs available to the public but I'll pass along the word when he does. I've been working with him on small adjustments to his prototypes (axle angle on the 109 legs, for example) and he's' been gracious enough to send me samples to use on my builds and help spread the word about this new product.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh!

That technic & those legs will be a definitive hit when they enter the market! Hoping he will find a retailer also in europe!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I wonder if they’ll be available in 1/48 scale. They do look really nice.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

KSaarni wrote: Wouh!

That technic & those legs will be a definitive hit when they enter the market! Hoping he will find a retailer also in europe!

- Kari
This person is based in the US and will probably start out on a small scale. During that time, direct sales to customers in Europe might be possible. After that and if the product demand grows, maybe he'll seek distribution help.

BlackSheep214 wrote:I wonder if they’ll be available in 1/48 scale. They do look really nice.
As far as I know, he is only producing 1/32 scale landing gear. There are limitations to the strength/integrity of the thin resin castings and it may not be feasible at the smaller scales, I don't know.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

That engine assembly is a work of art sir! Beautiful!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That is a fantastic looking Engine John - that really does look the business. The Cockpit is very nicely done also!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I gotta say even just OOB that engine looks like it could be fired up to run. Most impressive!

Nice gams too. That guy does great work.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

There's no way in Hell that I could rightfully close that engine up behind panels. No way. That is indeed the best OOB engine I've seen yet and you did one helluva job putting that beauty together.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys!

I'm having trouble motivating myself for this project because I do not like the properties of the black plastic. Not only is the color hard to work with, it has a consistency that I hate... soft and kinda rubbery, almost vinyl-like.

Anyways, I went ahead and riveted the tail section.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

The consistency of the plastic is many times underestimated but also very subjective thing.
Someone likes harder styrene while someone else prefer softer and then of course colors.
Black, white, "metallic" are colors I try to avoid, but of course sometimes there are no options..

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”