1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
mustang1989

Re: 1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-1 White 7

Post by mustang1989 »

These ZM kits are quite the models. The use of PE only makes 'em that much better. Great work in that pit John. :shoutout:
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! I've been too busy to do anything significant but have been moving forward on assembling the various bits from the photoetch set. The set uses various layers of brass to help break up the typical flatness that characterizes most photoetch additions. The seat back is supposed to feature vertical adjustment rollers comprised of tiny discs mounted to the brackets. I decided to save myself from that labor since the seat back is all but invisible once its mounted and the harnesses are draped.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Seriously, I’m just awestruck by this. Wow.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

John. What you've done in the last few weeks makes me think that your modeling funk is over :bow:
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! I THINK my modeling funk is over! I feel like I have enough gas to complete a few more builds at least! Gotta keep at it while the mojo lives!

I've decided to leave the left side console exposed as represented by the RB Productions photoetch set as well as the kit parts. I have doubts that this was the case on the majority of Ta152H aircraft in service but Radu made a compelling argument for no panel over at LSP. It's interesting because even Vincent K., who I consider to another great Luftwaffe resource and can be quite argumentative initially took the opposite stance but grudgingly ceded to Radu's lengthy explanation... I was afraid there was gonna be a fight! :wink:

I've added some wiring to fill the empty space exposed by the missing panel.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That is a neat idea! Especially on a late war fighter it's plausible to see an open panel in the pit.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:wow: Wires....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Did some work on the Ta152 cockpit this weekend. At first, I was planning to glue the side consoles in first but since the foot pedal mechanism extends underneath the consoles, it seemed easier to paint things separately and then assemble, which is my normal routine anyway. Here is the cockpit tub with the rear bulkhead and foot pedals installed. I've elected to keep the cockpit wear to a minimum... just some pastel staining on the floor.

This was the first attempt at gluing in the side consoles. Dry-fitting of the cockpit tub into the fuselage sides was more than the side consoles could withstand and I ended up dislodging them multiple times. I think I've almost resolved the fit so I'll report back later on this.

Here is the painted seat with the HGW fabric harnesses installed.

The central fuselage will be assembled pretty soon so I thought I should get the riveting done. I based it on a scale drawing that I stumbled upon on the internet. It's not meant to be 100% accurate but its good for creating some visual interest on the surface of the model.

The surfaces were treated to fine sandpaper to knock down the raised areas around the holes caused by the riveting process. I used RB Productions Rivet-R as usual.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That cockpit is looking busy, I like the addition of the wire in the open panel
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Magnifique work John!

Always so entertaining to follow a build by you !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”