Academy 1/72 Corsair F4U-1A, Tommy’s Big Hog, Ondongo, 1943.

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Academy 1/72 Corsair F4U-1A, Tommy’s Big Hog, Ondongo, 1

Post by Stikpusher »

jkim wrote:It was meant to be a facetious comment so I'm glad it was interpreted correctly! No need to apologize... I was just surprised at the skill that you obviously have in depicting wear on that railroad piece. Something a bit unexpected and very good to see. It's awesome to see those skills. Just wanna see your artistic take on aircraft, that's all! :wink:
And that’s what I was talking about when you were questioning wether or not to post the rail car Bruce. You could easily take those fantastic weathering techniques and apply them to an aircraft, armor, auto, or ship build. You dissected the challenges of the look and subject, came up with ways to address the challenges, and then executed the approach. Bravo!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

Stikpusher wrote:
jkim wrote:It was meant to be a facetious comment so I'm glad it was interpreted correctly! No need to apologize... I was just surprised at the skill that you obviously have in depicting wear on that railroad piece. Something a bit unexpected and very good to see. It's awesome to see those skills. Just wanna see your artistic take on aircraft, that's all! :wink:
And that’s what I was talking about when you were questioning wether or not to post the rail car Bruce. You could easily take those fantastic weathering techniques and apply them to an aircraft, armor, auto, or ship build. You dissected the challenges of the look and subject, came up with ways to address the challenges, and then executed the approach. Bravo!

Exactly! Bruce did a great job on that cart. Apply your techniques to the Corsair and you are done.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, gents - thank you all most sincerely. More progress to come.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This is looking really good so far Bruce. Dang that plane is teeny. :shocked:

You've got more guts than I do. :whiteflag:
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Just got all caught up on your build Bruce, I agree the weathering on that railroad cart is spot on you can definitely take them skills and apply them to this corsair. It was model railroaders who introduced the concept of weathering to the modeling community or at least they say so :giggles:
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Gents,

I am going to schedule this as best I can to keep your faith in me as well as my own. I just left one of my best friends who has had his second heart attack since December 27’s first one... the year is just full of revelation, mystery and real life drama. I’m sure that’s how it feels for everyone, but my plan is to jump start the part that keeps me from completing my life’s work and models together and frankly this is me, I don’t hide who I am from you, or the world. I want you to know that I care for you all, you’re an extended family to me, and you have my wishes for success always. I’m emotional as f**k right now but I want you to know that I really care about all of you. Cheers, mates.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:Gents,

I am going to schedule this as best I can to keep your faith in me as well as my own. I just left one of my best friends who has had his second heart attack since December 27’s first one... the year is just full of revelation, mystery and real life drama. I’m sure that’s how it feels for everyone, but my plan is to jump start the part that keeps me from completing my life’s work and models together and frankly this is me, I don’t hide who I am from you, or the world. I want you to know that I care for you all, you’re an extended family to me, and you have my wishes for success always. I’m emotional as f**k right now but I want you to know that I really care about all of you. Cheers, mates.
Sorry to hear about your friend Bruce - I hope he recovers well!

I'll echo what the others have said - fantastic skills on that rail car!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Life can be funny sometimes. Remember that our plans are not always God's plans....I hope your friend does well in recovering! .
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

Take care of your friend and support as good as you can as prio A.
Real friends are seldom. Most important to be there.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, above all, take care of yourself first. Those events in life that make us realize our own vulnerabilities and mortality often have a motivating effect upon our intended future actions. This little crew here is indeed more than just an online gathering of international strangers with a common interest. While your project can be a pleasant diversion and escape from life’s unpleasantries, it can wait.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”