Academy 1/72 Corsair F4U-1A, Tommy’s Big Hog, Ondongo, 1943.

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
speedgraflex

Re: Academy 1/72 Corsair F4U-1A, Tommy’s Big Hog, Ondongo, 1

Post by speedgraflex »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Now that Confederate Ironclad looks cool! Never knew it existed.
http://usmrr.blogspot.com/2012/12/b-iro ... ished.html
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I just got caught up again. Bruce, I'm sorry to hear of your friend; I'll be praying for his swift and full recovery. You take care of yourself as well; we still need to meet!

Those shots of railroad engines are amazing and that Confederate rail car was also something I never knew existed. Most interesting.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Bruce,

I am really sorry to hear about your friend, my man. Real sorry. I hope you’re doing well out there brother!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you, Duke and Kenny. It’s tough for me to prioritize plastic kits at the moment. I do have new thoughts about some slight improvements to the kit engine, but most of the time I am thinking about how short life is.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I am too Bruce, all the time after my brush with cancer. It's also why I've been trying to step up my production... I have too many kits I want to finish before I go...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke Maddog wrote:I am too Bruce, all the time after my brush with cancer. It's also why I've been trying to step up my production... I have too many kits I want to finish before I go...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Spot on, buddy!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes it is, when any glory ever comes by me anyway. Still, I savor what little I get when it does come. Most importantly though for me is what I did for God while I passed through this life. That is the most glorious. If I can make a few more models along the way then that is simply cream on the cake.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Great words, Duke. As a cancer survivor, I feel your emotion and energy. My buddy who writes comic books wants to explore the lives of the saints (Mary of Egypt, Anthony, Christopher) and I told him I would be extremely interested in drawing their stories. Perhaps we will find an audience.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”